George Rudy is an associate in Mayer Brown’s New York office and is a member of its Corporate & Securities practice. He focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and general corporate counseling and representation. George represents purchasers and sellers of domestic and international businesses in complex public and private mergers, stock and asset acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, strategic alliances and similar transactions. He also represents issuers and underwriters in connection with public and private offerings of equity and debt securities, and represents companies in connection with SEC compliance and reporting and corporate governance matters.
George joined Mayer Brown in 2007.
- Represented Ireland-based Vidara Therapeutics International Ltd. in its acquisition by Horizon Pharma, Inc. for cash and stock consideration valued at approximately $660 million at the time of announcement. The combined company is domiciled in Ireland and listed on NASDAQ.
- Represented Ireland-based Azur Pharma Ltd. in its $576 million cross-border reverse merger with Jazz Pharmaceuticals Inc. to form Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc (NASDAQ: JAZZ).
- Represented GW Pharmaceuticals plc on its US IPO and the listing of its American Depositary Shares on the NASDAQ Global Market and on three subsequent follow on offerings raising over $500 million.
- Represented The Jordan Company in its acquisition of American Freight, a leading discount furniture retailer.
- Represented The Jordan Company in its acquisition of Drew Marine, a leading independent global manufacturer and provider of advanced performance chemicals, and ACR Electronics, Inc., a leading provider of safety and survival solutions, from J.F. Lehman & Company.
- Represented Reinhold Holdings, Inc. in the sale of Reinhold Industries, a leading manufacturer of advanced niche components and complex composite assemblies for commercial aviation, defense and space applications, to HEICO Corporation.
- Represented Kenner & Company, a New York-based investment firm, in its acquisition of Dynacast International, a global manufacturer of small, highly complex metal components.
- Represented Pace Industries in its acquisition of Port City Group, a manufacturer of aluminum die castings, zinc die castings, mechanical assemblies and injected molded plastics.
- Represented Harvey Gulf International Marine in its acquisition of nine Offshore Supply Vessels from Bee Mar, LLC for $243 Million.
- Represented Harvey Gulf International Marine in its acquisition of 48 Offshore Supply Vessels from Abdon Callais Offshore, LLC in a deal worth $460 million.
- Represented Harvey Gulf International Marine in its acquisition of Offshore Supply and Fast Supply Vessels from Gulf Offshore Logistics.
Pace University School of Law, JD, cum laude, Dean's List, Managing Editor, Pace Law Review
Boston University School of Management, BS
- New York