"one of five Most Highly Regarded Individuals"The International Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Tax (2013)
Pieter de Ridder is a partner of the firm’s Singapore office and a member of the Global Tax Group. Pieter was previously based in Indonesia and Hong Kong and has over 30 years of experience in Asia advising multinational companies and institutions with interests in one or more Asian jurisdictions on their inbound and outbound work.
He is a Singapore-accredited tax adviser with an excellent working knowledge of regional tax matters in Asia. His practice focuses on advising tax efficient structures with respect to direct investment, restructurings, financing arrangements and joint ventures into or from Asia.
Pieter regularly advises on the tax aspects of investing in Indonesia including off-take agreements and how these can be optimised from a global tax perspective.
Chambers Global (2015) notes that “Singapore-based Pieter de Ridder advises a wide range of Asian clients on a variety of tax mandates”. He is known for his "long-standing experience" in the Asian market and is a "trusted source of advice" on local tax planning and deals and listed as one of five most highly regarded individuals in Asia by The International Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Tax (2013).
Areas of Focus
“Hot Topics,” Asia Tax Forum, Singapore
“Digital Taxation in Singapore,” Inter Pacific Bar Association Conference, Singapore
“China’s Tax Treaty Practice and Issues,” Inter Pacific Bar Association Conference, Singapore
“Recent Tax Cases in Indonesia,” Malaysia Tax Conference 2019, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia,
Tax Academy of Singapore, Accredited Tax Adviser on Income Tax (SIATP)
University of Leiden, LLB, LLM
- Vice President, Executive Committee, International Fiscal Association Singapore
- Co-founder and Former Director, Dutch Chamber of Commerce in Singapore
- Member, Board of Editors, Asia Pacific Tax Bulletin of the Bureau of Fiscal Documentation
- Member, International Bar Association (IBA)
- Member, Association of Dutch Businesspeople in Singapore (ADB)
- Recognised Practitioner – Tax, Singapore – Chambers Asia Pacific (2017, 2019, 2020)
- Expert Based Aboard (Singapore), Tax - Netherlands – Chambers Global (2015)
- Noted for his "long-standing experience" in the Asian market and is a "trusted source of advice" on local tax planning and deals – The International Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Tax (2013)
- Most Highly Regarded Individuals - Asia – The International Who’s Who Legal: Corporate Tax (2013)