Dr. Stephanie Pfaff is a senior associate in Mayer Brown´s Intellectual Property practice in Frankfurt.
She focuses on trademarks, designs and unfair competition law. Stephanie represents national and international clients regarding the acquisition and licensing of IP rights, infringement proceedings, drafting of agreements and in the global management and enforcement of IP rights. Moreover, she regularly advises on IP aspects of M&A transactions. She also advises on copyright law and data privacy. Before joining Mayer Brown, Stephanie worked for another law firm and her professional training comprised stages at an international law firm and the German Football Association (Deutscher Fußball-Bund).
Trademarks & Trademark litigation
- Advised a multinational company specializing in software and smartphones regarding IP infringements of third parties and in opposition proceedings before the German Patent and Trademark Office and the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
- Advised a major automobile manufacturer regarding trademark infringements, especially on international fairs.
- Advised a pharmaceutical manufacturer regarding the strategic development and management of its trademark portfolios.
- Represented an international manufacturer of skateboarding shoes and related apparel on trademark enforcement proceedings as well as coexistence agreements and representation in opposition proceedings before the GPTO and EUIPO and European General Court (EGC).
- Represented a writing materials and notebook manufacturer in opposition proceedings before the EGC.
- Represented a manufacturer of dental products regarding IP infringement cases.
- Represented an international manufacturer of distilled beverages in opposition proceedings before the GPTO.
- Represented a global food manufacturer in opposition proceedings before the GPTO and EUIPO.
- Represented one of the largest global internet sales platforms in court cases about intellectual property infringements committed by users of this platform.
- Advised a manufacturer of engines, filtration and power generation products in several IP infringement cases.
- Advised a leading labelling organization for fair trade regarding copying of written standards.
- Advised a producer of advertising material on several proceedings regarding advertising statements of competitors.
- Advised a financial company regarding a data breach incident under the GDPR.
- Advised a banking and financial services company on implementation of GDPR.
- Advised several member companies of a German employer organization on implementation of GDPR.
- Advised a UK private equity firm on the acquisition of a leading German internet and multimedia service provider in relation to IP, IT and data protection.
- Advised a German company on the sale of its distribution and steel and pipe business in relation to IP and IT.
- Advised a German company in the travel sector on the sale of subsidiaries in relation to IP and IT.
- Advised a US media firm on the acquisition of several companies in the anime and manga business in relation to IP, especially license agreements, IT and data protection.
Doctor's Degree (PhD in Law), University of Gießen, Sports Law
Second State Law Examination (bar exam), Frankfurt am Main
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), Darmstadt and Frankfurt am Main
University of Mainz, First State Law Examination
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Deutsche Vereinigung für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht (GRUR)