Admitted to the Paris Bar, Nathalie Morel is Counsel in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice of the Paris office.
She is an experienced litigator whose practice focuses on matters of distribution, competition, corporate, contract, environmental and tort liability law. She advises clients on contract negotiations, including exclusive distribution agreements and franchise agreements, as well as on pre-litigation issues. In addition, Nathalie represents French and international client companies before French civil, criminal and administrative courts in all commercial matters, including environmental, intellectual and industrial property, and distribution matters.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2006, Nathalie practiced with several other Paris law firms.
In addition to her native French, Nathalie is fluent in English.
- Advised and represented multinational companies with respect to general contractual and tort claims.
- Advised and represented distribution and franchise networks with respect to claims filed by distributors and franchisees.
- Advised companies on compliance with French environmental law and assessment of risks incurred.
- Advised multinational companies on compliance with French and European data-protection laws.
- Advised French employees of US companies required to testify before US courts.
- Advised companies in connection with intellectual and industrial property.
- Defended a company accused of trademark and intellectual property right counterfeiting.
- Represented major insurance companies, especially regarding claims filed by victims of the insured’s financial activity.
- Represented US manufacturers in connection with product liability issues.
- Represented a rail company in connection with breach of services agreements.
- Advised and represented a US company with respect to French bankruptcy proceedings.
Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas, DEA Droit international
Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas, DEA Droit communautaire
University of Bordeaux, Maîtrise de droit public with Honours