Banking & Finance, Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG), Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement
Musonda Kapotwe has extensive transactional experience advising on the impact of UK financial services regulation on banking, capital markets and derivative transactions.
As an in-house lawyer at two large financial institutions, she has also advised a range of stakeholders, including the board and senior management, on large-scale, cross-border regulatory implementation projects, including Brexit, client assets, recovery and resolution, prudential regulation, regulatory capital and outsourcing.
- Listed as a Next Generation Partner and key lawyer for Financial Services: Non-Contentious/Regulatory - "Musonda Kapotwe and the team have a broad range of expertise. The team present us with a range of possible solutions but clearly suggest a single solution which is bespoke for our business needs. We have been impressed by the firm’s resourcing and cost budgeting." "Excellent, focused and practical knowledge on niche and complex areas of law." "Musonda Kapotwe has been excellent at explaining complex issues in an accessible way. She has a handle on the issues, the material, and her team’s contributions to it." She is also listed as a key contact for Regulatory Investigations and Corporate Crime, Derivatives and Structured Products, Insurance: Corporate and Regulatory, Fintech - "Musonda Kapotwe has excellent knowledge of cryptocurrency regulatory matters." Legal 500.
- The London-based team was strengthened by the recruitment of financial services ESG and risk specialist Musonda Kapotwe who is listed as a key lawyer. "I have been working closely with Chris Chapman, Musonda Kapotwe on a challenging international regulatory matter, involving complex legal issues, and difficult strategic questions. The team is outstanding – focused, innovative, very well organised, and dedicated to obtaining the best outcome possible for the client. Couldn’t really ask for more!" Legal 500.
- Musonda was recognized as a Rising Star in the GC Power List published by Legal Business.
- Musonda was highly commended in the Outstanding Lawyer of the Year category at the UK Diversity Legal Awards.
- She was one of the lawyers named in the list of 40 under 40 Rising Stars in Legal Services published by Financial News.
- England and Wales