Managing Partner of Chicago Office
Joanna K. Horsnail
Projects & Infrastructure, Hospitality & Leisure, Infrastructure Investment
“Joanna Horsnail is amazing.” “She is incredibly efficient, practical and strategic. She's also intellectual and she knows the documents inside and out.”
"Joanna is outstanding; she is always willing to work through the options on issue resolution."
Clients turn to Joanna Horsnail for representation on a variety of construction and government transactions. Her experience includes traditional power projects, renewable energy projects, and other infrastructure projects. Her practice focuses on the following areas:
Design and Construction. Joanna represents public and private owners, developers, lenders, and contractors regarding the design, construction, development, financing, acquisition, and disposition of facilities, including various public-private partnership projects. She negotiates and prepares EPC contracts, design and construction agreements, concession agreements, sponsorship agreements, naming rights agreements, leases, service agreements, purchase agreements, operation and maintenance agreements, consulting contracts, and various project management agreements.
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America with zoning, government incentives, development, and construction of a 1.2 million-square-foot corporate headquarters campus in Deerfield, Illinois. Designated lenders' counsel on the FasTracks Eagle P3 commuter rail expansion project in Denver, Colorado, the most significant rail transit project undertaken and implemented as a P3 in the US. This project was named 2010 North American Transport Deal of the Year by Project Finance magazine and a Regional Deal of the Year by The Bond Buyer.
- Lenders on the FasTracks Eagle P3 commuter rail expansion project in Denver, Colorado, the most significant rail transit project undertaken and implemented as a P3 in the US. This project was named 2010 North American Transport Deal of the Year by Project Finance magazine and a Regional Deal of the Year by The Bond Buyer.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, JD
Chicago-Kent Law Review, Order of the Coif
- University of Colorado, BS
Professional & Community Involvement
- Leadership Greater Chicago, Fellow 2015
- Member of Misericordia Women’s Board
- Women in Public Finance (Past President); recipient of the 2007 Woman of the Year Award