Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Banking & Finance Litigation, Commercial Litigation
Joshua acts for a range of clients across complex commercial disputes and regulatory investigations, with a focus primarily on matters involving allegations of complex fraud, restructuring and insolvency and the financial services sector. Joshua also represents clients in a variety of M&A and private equity related disputes, including in the software, pharmaceutical and retail sectors. He also advises clients on financial services regulation and cross-border regulatory matters.
Joshua previously spent six months on secondment at a leading FTSE 100 company.
- Advising the liquidators of an engineering and construction company, which went into insolvent liquidation with debts totalling over US$2 billion, in litigation against former directors, officers, and shareholders, and asset recovery strategy in multiple jurisdictions, including on claims involving false accounting, fraud, breach of directors’ and other fiduciary duties, wrongful and fraudulent trading, unlawful distributions, knowing receipt and dishonest assistance, and unlawful means conspiracy.
- Advising a private-equity-backed software company in Commercial Court proceedings concerning various breach of warranty claims under a Share Purchase Agreement.
- Advising a global manufacturer business on a range of cross-border regulatory and insurance issues.
- Acted for Entertainment One, the leading Canada-based global mass media and entertainment company (now part of the Hasbro toy conglomerate) on a multi-million pound fraud claim in the High Court, which included allegations of bribery, dishonesty, deceit, conspiracy and corruption.
- University of Bristol, LLB Law
- BPP University Law School, LPC, Distinction
- England and Wales