"Régine Goury is a great professional who follows a practical and solution-oriented approach."
– Legal 500 EMEA (2020)
Admitted to the Paris Bar, Régine Goury is a partner in the Employment & Benefits practice of the Paris office.
Régine advises companies both on collective and individual employment law aspects, and handles complex litigation. Collective aspects include notably the transfer of employees (ARD or otherwise), collective redundancy procedures, relationships with employee representative bodies and unions, negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, the setting up of incentive plans and internal policies. Individual aspects encompass a great variety of topics such as employment agreements, termination procedures, and international mobility.
Recent litigation cases handled by her relate to international mobility, transfer of employees, joint employment, collective redundancies and harassment.
Régine regularly works in coordination with other Mayer Brown offices worldwide and other Mayer Brown practices such as tax, corporate which allow her to offer integrated solutions to her clients.
She has also developed a niche in data protection, especially in cross border aspects and advises on future requirements resulting from the General Data Protection Regulation.
Régine is recommended by Legal 500 and Chambers for being “good at maintaining privacy and is very quick with the right quality”.
In addition to her native French, Régine is fluent in English.
- Advised The Dow Chemical Company on the sale of its Speciality Film division to Transilwrap.
- Advised Oger Investissements with regard to the acquisition of a group of clinics located in Lyon.
Paris Bar School
Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, Post-graduate degree in European Law (DESS)
Université Paris V René Descartes, Post-graduate degree in Private Law (DEA)
Continually recommended by the legal directories as a Leading Individual :
- "Régine Goury is a great professional who follows a practical and solution-oriented approach." Legal 500 EMEA (2020)
- “Compact but robust group advising medium-sized companies and multinational corporations on the employment issues arising out of global mergers and acquisitions. Assists with a range of issues including transfers of staff and reductions in force, working time and employee benefits. Also handles contentious mandates before the civil, criminal and administrative courts. Department head Régine Goury is a key contact for clients.” Chambers Europe (2016)
- "The lawyers are good at maintaining privacy and are very quick with the right quality.“ Chambers Europe (2015)
- "A great team – it is client-oriented and achieves the right balance between avoiding risk and taking action. It is very knowledgeable and extremely responsive; I have never had to wait for help." Chambers Europe (2014)
- “Mayer Brown has extensive experience in representing US and international groups, and is knowledgeable about international employment law. Laurence Dumure Lambert heads the five-lawyer team, which advises on major restructurings, litigation and data transfer issues. Counsel Régine Goury is also a key figure in the team.” Legal 500 EMEA (2014)
- "L’équipe de six avocats de Mayer Brown affiche un bon savoir-faire dans le conseil aux groupes internationaux et américains. Elle possède notamment une expertise en droit social international. Le cabinet est en charge de plusieurs grands projets de restructuration et gère de nombreux dossiers contentieux. Il intervient également sur la négociation du départ de dirigeants ou sur des problématiques de protection des données. Caterpillar, Molex, Cathay Pacific ou encore Federal Mogul sont clients. Régine Goury joue un rôle majeur dans l’équipe." Legal 500 Paris (2014)