"Douglas is a seasoned lawyer, he's very strong overall." (2023)
"He is a diligent, careful lawyer who sees all the issues and angles in structured financings." (2021)
Clients seek Douglas Doetsch’s counsel on infrastructure financings in the port, airport and road sectors; acquisition and other leveraged lending transactions; and structured credit transactions. He also advises on cross-border securitization transactions, especially future cash flow securitizations.
In addition, Doug regularly advises on cross-border matters involving emerging market debt restructuring and debt exchange offers, asset and stock acquisitions, real estate investments, and joint ventures.
In addition to his native English, Doug speaks French and Spanish.
Columbia Law School, JD
Editor-in-Chief, Columbia Journal of Transnational Law
Université de Dakar, Dakar, Senegal
Rotary Graduate Fellowship
Kalamazoo College, BA, magna cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa
- New York
- Member, Midwest Council, National Resources Defense Council
- Director, Columbia Transnational Law Association
- Director, Chicago Council on Global Affairs
- Trustee, National Museum of Mexican Art
- "Simply amazing. He has seen practically every transaction in Latin America and has much experience in the region." – Chambers USA
- "An expert in the field." – Chambers USA
- "'A simply great attorney' who wins praise for his emerging markets expertise. There can be few lawyers who have the depth of experience that he can boast in South and Central America." – Chambers USA
- One of Latin America's top 100 lawyers – Latinvex
- "A fine commercial lawyer who is good at getting deals done." – Chambers Latin America
- “Unparalleled ability to quickly close complex transactions and make it seem like a walk in the park.” – Chambers Latin America
- "Hands-on and proactive." – Chambers Global