Alexander G. Davis
Real Estate, Real Estate Finance, Real Estate Development & Construction
Alexander G. Davis is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Los Angeles office and a member of the Real Estate Markets practice. Alex has substantial experience counseling and representing clients in complex commercial real estate transactions involving development-oriented joint ventures, acquisitions and dispositions, and mortgage and mezzanine financings.
Alex’s expertise in such transactions extends across a variety of asset classes including life science, industrial, multi-family, office, retail and hospitality, representing leading private equity funds, national hotel developers, investment banks, life insurance companies, opportunity funds and international family offices.
- Represented hedge fund lenders in connection with debt and preferred equity financing across a variety of asset classes, including multiple coastal high-rise condominium project financings each in excess of $100 million.
- Represented a major national hotel developer and operator in connection with a complex multi-series, cross-border corporate bond issuance.
- Represented a private investment firm in connection with multiple multi-state sale-leaseback portfolio mortgage and mezzanine financings totaling more than $348 million.
- Represented a life insurance company lender in connection with construction and take-out financing for multi-family housing developments.
- Represented an investment bank lender in connection with a $250 million hotel refinancing.
- University of California, Irvine, BA, magna cum laude
- University of San Diego School of Law, JD
Chief Articles Editor, San Diego Journal of Climate and Energy Law