Shelby is an associate in Mayer Brown's Washington DC office and a member of the Export Control & Sanctions sub practice of the International Trade group. Shelby acts for a wide range of clients, including financial and energy sector, manufacturing, and professional services industries, among others. Shelby’s practice covers all aspects of these key regulatory areas from enforcement to deal work and compliance.
- Provided sanctions advice on various credit agreements.
- Advised on federal investigation into alleged sanctions violations.
- Advised clients in various industries on US sanctions and export controls.
- Drafted legal memoranda and prepared federal training on various OFAC sanctions regimes.*
- Assisted federal agents in cases investigating fraud and sanctions violations relating to US Foreign Aid.*
(*At previous employment)
University of Maryland, BA
University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, JD