Litigation & Dispute Resolution, International Arbitration
Jonathan Cohen, senior associate, represents clients across a variety of different industry sectors, including the energy, financial services, technology, manufacturing, shipping, and food sectors, on both litigation and arbitration matters.
Jonny has a focus on finance and corporate related disputes, often with a multi-jurisdictional element.His experience includes advising clients in relation to post-acquisition disputes, supply chain disputes, shareholder and JV disputes, claims relating to force majeure, and product liability and safety matters.
Jonny has taken disputes all the way up to and through to trial and appeal, and he regularly uses mediation as a dispute resolution mechanism.
- Acted for a leading multinational food and beverage company in an ICC arbitration relating to breaches of contract affecting outlets across the Middle East.
- Advised an international engines manufacturer and successfully obtained an anti-suit injunction in relation to a breach of an arbitration agreement relating to proceedings issued in Lebanon.
- Acted for the sellers of a wind farm in litigation arising out of alleged breach of warranties associated with the UK grid code.
- Acted for UBS in English Commercial Court proceedings concerning single-tranche CDOs and credit default swaps entered into with a municipal water company: UBS and another v Kommunale Wasserwerke Leipzig GmbH and others  EWHC 3615.
- Acted for a Spanish real estate investment fund in litigation concerning breaches of loan documentation including material adverse change and the construction of a London hotel: Grupo Hotelero Urvasco SA v Carey Value Added SL  EWHC 1039 (Comm).The case remains the leading English law authority on MAC clauses.
- Listed as a key lawyer for International Arbitration and Commercial Litigation. Legal 500
- He "is a star in the making: always on top of things and ready to go the extra mile to get things just right." Legal 500
- Kaplan Law School, LPC
- BPP University Law School, GDL
- University of Birmingham, BA Hons (American and Canadian Studies)
- University of California, San Diego
(study abroad programme)
- England and Wales
- Solicitor Advocate with Higher Rights of Audience (Civil)