Bernina Butt is a partner in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown's Banking & Finance practice. She advises corporates, financial institutions and private equity investors in connection with a broad range of finance work, including acquisition, leveraged and real estate finance and restructurings.
Bernina’s international perspective and diverse experience, which encompasses human rights, corporate and commercial law, asset and project finance and banking, enable her to craft unique solutions for clients.
Before joining Mayer Brown, Bernina worked for two Magic Circle law firms in Frankfurt and London, a leading Canadian law firm and various human rights organisations, including the Ontario Human Rights Commission and the United Nations in New York.
- Advised Edmond de Rothschild Real Estate Investment Management on the financing for a logistics property in London.
- Advised Sixth Street Specialty Lending's European business in connection with the public takeover offer and successful settlement of shares in Easy Software AG by deltus 36. AG, a holding company controlled by funds of Battery Ventures.
- Advised proFagus Group, a portfolio company of Borromin Capital Management and a leading German manufacturer of natural additive products (e.g. smoke flavorings used in the food industry, acetic acid, grit, tar and tar oil) and high-quality and environmentally friendly barbecue charcoal and related products, on the successful refinancing of certain of its existing financial indebtedness.
- Advised Avedon Capital Partners on the financing for the acquisition of Hauck Group, a leading European brand for equipment for babies and children, in a combined share and asset deal in Germany and Hong Kong.
- Advised Wepa Hygieneprodukte GmbH, one of the leading tissue producers in Europe, in connection with a €550 million dual-tranche high yield bond offering and the amendment and restatement of its super senior revolving credit facility and intercreditor agreement.
- Advised Wepa Hygieneprodukte GmbH on a €50 million tap offering.
- Advised an international bank on a real estate hotel development financing.
- Advised an international bank on a real estate investment and development financing.
- Advised an international bank on a real estate financing involving a Korean real estate fund structure.
- Advised an international bank on an acquisition financing secured by a portfolio of nine properties.
University of Toronto Faculty of Law, Juris Doctor
University of British Columbia, Canada, BA, English Literature and Economics
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- England and Wales
- British Columbia, Canada
- Republic of Ireland