International Trade, Government Transactions, Public Policy, Regulatory & Government Affairs
Ivan Baranenko advises clients on a wide range of issues in the field of international trade, with a focus on trade remedies (including anti-dumping, anti-subsidy, and safeguard investigations), EU sanctions, customs compliance, and WTO law.
Ivan has experience in representing clients in trade defense investigations before the investigating authorities of the EU, the US, Brazil and other jurisdictions. He also advised on market access, government trade policies, and compliance issues in the sphere of sanctions and customs law.
Ivan is fluent in English in addition to his native Ukrainian and Russian.
- Assisted various stakeholders, including overseas manufacturers, importers and trade associations, in multiple trade defence investigations in the EU, the US and other jurisdictions;
- Assisted governments and private companies in WTO dispute resolution procedures concerning application of trade defence measures;
- Advised clients from chemical, car manufacturing, IT, and other industries on compliance with the sanctions regimes;
- Assisted multinational companies with internal investigations, customs compliance issues and duty refunds.
- London School of Economics and Political Science, LLM
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Bachelor of International Law, Master of International Law
- Advocate in Ukraine Ukrainian National Bar Association
- Member of the Brussels Bar (Foreign lawyer at the French Brussels Bar)
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales (Law Society of England and Wales)