Mayer Brown partners Barbara Goodstein and Jeff Taft participated in a panel on “From Capitol to Capital: Legal & Regulatory Landscape” at IMN and ELFA’s 22nd Annual Investors' Conference on Equipment Finance in New York on March 8, 2023. Topics discussed during this session included:
- What are the major legal and regulatory challenges facing the Equipment market right now and in the immediate future? What are the federal and state nuances?
- Does this sector benefit from regulatory intervention or does this hinder progress? How are state based financial disclosure requirements impacting the market? Where does this burden lay?
- How are legal and regulatory practices changing given increased digital assets within equipment transactions? How can the market navigate nervousness in these new developments?
- Can cross-border leasing and transactions fuel growth in a post-covid world? How are supply chain and international trade relations factoring into this?
- What are the potential impacts of the infrastructure bill and inflation reduction act? Are there any concerns or nuances here for the market to be aware of? Are there any other trends to consider; IFRS standards, benchmark replacement, governing law, and true sale.
Mayer Brown is a sponsor of this conference, which focuses on educating investors and equipment finance companies about the latest industry developments following a turbulent year and provides updates on how sectors are responding and recovering.
For more information, please visit the conference website.