No longer an incidental consideration when pursuing business strategy and engaging stakeholders, ESG has given rise to a variety of new ways to raise and invest capital, as well as new regulations, more rigorous disclosure obligations and new areas of litigation risk.
Please join us for an in-person luncheon seminar in Toronto on April 26, 2023, for a look at recent ESG developments affecting corporate issuers, financial institutions and pension fund investors in Canada, the United States, the European Union, and the United Kingdom. Alongside panelists from Canadian-based law firm Osler, some of the topics we’ll discuss include:
- Global perspectives on products in the market:
- Green, social and sustainability-linked bonds and loans
- Overview of the public and private frameworks available
- Structuring and documenting considerations including the rise of greenwashing risk
- Canadian, US and EU ESG-related securities regulatory disclosure obligations affecting Canadian issuers and financial institutions:
- Canadian Securities Law disclosure obligations
- SEC’s proposed climate change rules
- SEC’s proposed rules regarding naming of funds, indices, or products that have ESG/sustainability in the name
- EU Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive and EU Green Bond Standard
To register and learn more, visit the event website.
Wednesday, April 26, 2023
12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. EDT
Osler Conference Centre, 63rd Floor
First Canadian Place, 100 King St W
For any questions, please contact Hanson Hairihan at HHairihan@mayerbrown.com.