Ellen Zhang is a senior associate of Mayer Brown's Shanghai office. Ellen has extensive experience in real estate-related practice - advising on direct property acquisition, formation of joint ventures and share transfer, regulatory issues at different stages of property development, drafting pre-sale/sale, pre-lease/lease documentation and DMC, and drafting and negotiation of hotel management and related agreements.
Ellen has also advised on foreign direct investment, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate and commercial matters. Ellen is named as Next Generation Lawyer in Real Estate and Construction (China: Foreign Firms) by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2017-2019).
- Advised an international banking group in respect of its bid for a land lot in CBD, Beijing and cooperation arrangement amongst joint bidders.
- Advised a Hong Kong hotel investor on the acquisition of a hotel in Changzhou, Jiangsu Province.
- Advised the Shanghai subsidiary of a leading Hong Kong developer on the pre-sale, sale, lease-back and tenancy matters in respect of a high-end residential development in Xujiahui, Shanghai.
- Advised the Shanghai subsidiary of a Hong Kong developer on leasing and tenancy matters, DMC and property management in respect of premium office buildings in Huangpu District, Shanghai.
- Advised the Shanghai subsidiary of a leading Hong Kong developer on entrustment management agreements with international luxury brands in Jingan District, Shanghai.
- Advised a Shanghai developer on the lease of a retail property with a GFA of 9,000 square meters in Jingan District, Shanghai.
- Advised an international car dealer on a built-to-suit lease arrangements with a GFA of 7,000 square meters in Jiangxi Province.
- Advised an international luxury hotel operator on hotel management agreements in Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Shanghai and Qiandaohu.
- Advised an international luxury hotel operator on a branded residences arrangement in Shanghai.
- Advised a local developer on a luxury hotel management arrangement in Shanghai.
- Advised a subsidiary of a Hong Kong developer on a luxury hotel management arrangement in Zhongshan, Guangdong.
- Advised the PRC legal aspects of various hotel management agreements.
- Advised a leading U.S. insurance company on the formation of a joint venture with a PRC listed company to develop more than 300 mu land in Chongqing.
- Advised a Canadian retailing group on the formation of a joint venture with a local developer in Harbin, Heilongjiang Province.
China's New M&A Tax RulesChina Tax Intelligence
Shanghai Fudan University, LLB
- Rising Star, Real Estate and Construction (China: Foreign Firms) – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2020-2023)
- Next Generation Lawyer, Real Estate and Construction (China: Foreign Firms) – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2017-2019)