Restructuring, Special Situations, Supply Chain & Distribution
"Ben Ward is a strong up and coming lawyer - he has an excellent grasp of the technicals and attention to detail."
Ben Ward, senior associate, has experience acting on domestic and cross-border restructurings and insolvencies for debtors, sponsors, funds, financial institutions, insolvency practitioners, CMBS special servicers, pension trustees and strategic investors in both contentious and non-contentious situations. Ben spent 10 months on secondment at EQT Credit (now part of Bridgepoint Credit) supporting the Mid-Market lending and Credit Opportunities strategies, dealing with special situations, restructurings, and mid-market direct lending.
- Acting for Mount Street as Special Servicer of the £350m Atlas Hotels CMBS on all aspects of their role as Special Servicer, including contingency planning and negotiating a restructuring.
- Acting for AlixPartners as administrators of the Argyll Club Group, the provider of flexible office space, on all aspects of the administration including the appointment, refinancing and exit.
- Acting for Mount Street as Special Servicer of the £90m Maroon CMBS on all aspects of their role as Special Servicer, including enforcement and workout advice.
- Advising the trustees of the pension schemes of various retailers in restructuring scenarios.
- Advising Permira Debt Managers on the restructuring of loveholidays.
- Acting for the Pizza Express group in connection with its restructuring of its senior secured and senior notes using the new UK restructuring plan procedure.*
- Listed as a key lawyer for Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency, ‘Ben Ward is a strong up and coming lawyer - he has an excellent grasp of the technicals and attention to detail.’ (Legal 500 2023/24).
- England und Wales