Tamsin Travers is counsel in the Construction & Engineering group of Mayer Brown's London office. Her experience includes drafting and advising on all aspects of national and international construction contracts using both bespoke and standard forms such as JCT, NEC and FIDIC, as well as dispute resolution in the construction and engineering industry. Tamsin has represented clients in complex multi-party litigation and arbitrations, both within the UK and internationally. Tamsin also provides procurement and drafting advise to clients involved in mining projects in various geographical regions.
Tamsin joined Mayer Brown in 2006 and has spent six months seconded to the Mayer Brown São Paulo office and six months seconded to a major national contractor.
- Advised the lenders, including Société Générale and BNP Paribas on the financing and development of Roxgold Inc.'s Yaramoko gold project in Burkina Faso ("Africa – Mining and Metals Deal of the Year 2015" IJGlobal Europe and Africa Awards).
- Drafting and advising an AIM-listed mining company on the EPC, Mining Services and engineer appointment contracts for the development of a tungsten and tin mine in the United Kingdom.
- Advising Lenders on the material project documents and offtake agreements for the project financing of a large-scale mineral sands mining project in Kenya.
- Advising the US government and Afghanistan Ministry of Mines on the development of the mining industry in Afghanistan (with an estimated resource of up to US$3 trillion), with particular emphasis on the tendering process, model mining agreements and suitability of the mining laws.
- Advising a multinational mining company in relation to the development of a gold, copper and zinc mine in Eritrea, including drafting of the Onshore and Offshore EPCM agreements, power supply contracts and professional appointments.
- Advising an AIM-listed mineral development company on the terms of appointment for the bankable feasibility study engineer.
- Drafting and negotiation of international data centre supply agreements for a leading European information delivery platform provider.
- Drafting and negotiation of construction, professional appointment, security and ancillary documentation in relation to numerous refurbishment and expansion projects for a high profile retailer of luxury goods.
- Drafting of construction, security and ancillary documentation and advising on procurement process for the development of a major new business and commerce centre in Gibraltar.
- Representing various development clients on reviewing and amending the main construction contracts and professional appointments for residential and commercial developments throughout the UK.
- Acting for a major contractor in a multi-party high court litigation concerning disputes at a retail development in Bedfordshire.
- Representing an EPC contractor in an arbitration concerning disputes at a LNG facility in South Wales.
The College of Law, Guildford, GDL and LPC
University of Cambridge, Selwyn College, BA (Hons) Archaeology and Anthropology
- England und Wales
- Listed as a 'key lawyer' for Infrastructure - Legal 500 2020.