Corporate & Securities, Insurance, Bermuda & Other Offshore Reinsurance
Colin concentrates on the Insurance sector and has advised on many of the market leading Insurance transactions of the past two decades. He has a strong focus on cross border public transactions including takeovers, listings and secondary securities offerings. He also advises on insurance -linked security (ILS) transactions and on a variety of third party capital structures at the convergence point of the financial services industry.
Colin joined Mayer Brown in September 2011 from the London office of a leading New York law firm, prior to which he qualified at a top city firm.
- FLexpoint Ford in its FAL investments in the 2023/4 Years of Account of Ariel managed syndicate 1910 at Lloyd’s.
- FLexpoint Ford in its funding of new programme fronting vehicle Bridgehaven UK.
- New Capital Partners, Diameter Capital and Casimir Holdings in their FAL investments in the 2023/4 years of account of Ariel managed syndicate 1910 at Lloyd’s.
- Sixth Street in its investments into P&C vehicles in both Bermuda and Lloyd’s.
- Convex Group on its various Funds and VC investments.
- The Hartford in its divestment of certain continental European operations to multiple buyers.
- Part of team named "Insurance Team of the Year" Legal Business Awards
- Listed as a Leading individual for Insurance. Legal 500
- "Colin is always a pleasure to deal with." "Colin is very helpful in providing us with timely guidance in wading through difficult regulatory matters. He also has depth and breadth of knowledge about the sector." "He is very good with client management and providing market intelligence." Chambers UK
- Band 4: Insurance. Colin Scagell specialises in insurance-linked securities and reinsurance agreements as part of a robust corporate insurance practice. He also advises on both domestic and cross-border M&A transactions. "Colin Scagell is a pleasure to work with." Chambers UK
- Listed as a Leading individual for Insurance, Colin Scagell advises on complex M&A within the insurance sector, with expertise in cross-border matters involving Bermuda. Legal 500
- The College of Law, London, LPC (Distinction)
- The College of Law, London, CPE (Commendation)
- Durham University, BA Hons Politics
- England und Wales
- Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation, Board Member
- The Chartered Insurance Institute
- City of London Club