Construction & Engineering, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, International Arbitration
Sam Prentki has managed disputes in multiple jurisdictions and has extensive experience in both arbitration and litigation.
Sam’s experience is primarily in international disputes in various industries in particular construction, engineering, technology and shipping. He also has considerable experience in complex cross-border matters involving issues of jurisdiction and has worked on cases under all the major arbitration codes including ICSID, LCIA, UNCITRAL, and ICC.
Note: This list includes matters that were not handled at Mayer Brown.
- Triple Point Technology Inc v PTT Public Co Ltd  EWCA Civ 230. Successfully defending the Thai State Energy Company (PTT) against a claim for breach of a contract for the provision of a commodities trading and risk management system.
- Acting for a Luxemburg based entity in an ICSID arbitration against a state in relation to a claim under the Energy Charter Treaty. In particular, Sam assisted in producing the response to the state’s jurisdictional objections under EU law.
- Successfully attaining an ICC arbitration award in favour of a publically listed Thai company in relation to the defective construction of an industrial boiler facility servicing palm oil plantations in the south of Thailand.
- Successfully obtaining a SIAC arbitration award in favour of a Thai company in relation to breaches of a contract for the construction of 135MW biomass boiler.
- Apollo Ventures Co Ltd v Manchanda  EWHC 1416 (Comm). Successfully obtaining and retaining under challenge a worldwide freezing order for a Thai property company. The case also involved defending a CPR Part 11 challenge to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Listed as a key lawyer for International Arbitration Legal 500
- University College London (University of London), BA (Hons) Geography (First Class)
HC Darby & Broderick Parry Prizes
- Bournemouth University, Graduate Diploma in Law
- Bournemouth University/College of Law (Guildford), LPC
- England und Wales