Hai Thao Nguyen
Corporate & Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions, Real Estate
Hai Thao Nguyen is a counsel of Mayer Brown's Vietnam office. She has over ten years of experience advising clients in various sectors. Hai Thao's areas of practice include real estate, M&A, corporate/commercial matters, labour and intellectual property.
Prior to joining the firm, Hai Thao worked for international firms and headed the in-house legal team of RMIT University Vietnam.
- Advised clients on various aspects of land and real estate laws such as corporate structures and investment structures for real estate projects, land use planning, land clearance, property tax, zoning, construction, freehold and leasehold sale structures, conveyancing, property management and other real estate services for various types of properties, including residential, integrated resort, retail, commercial, new township, and mixed-use properties.
- Advised Takashimaya/Toshin on M&A structure and due diligence for its acquisition of the mixed use commercial building in Ho Chi Minh City CBD.
- Advised ACDL on the property/real estate work of its development of the US$ 4 billion integrated casino resort in Ho Tram, Ba Ria-Vung Tau.
- Advised a tourism/property development group from Europe in a joint venture with a local partner for the development of 50-ha resort project in Central Vietnam.
- Advised Hong Kong Land on its acquisition of prime location in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Recommended - Corporate and M&A, Vietnam – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2020-2024)