Tax, Tax Transactions & Planning, Private Equity, Funds & Investment Management
Matthew Mortimer has more than 20 years of post-qualification experience. He has a broad practice that includes advising on the taxation of banking, corporate and structured finance transactions, as well as on debt restructurings, mergers and acquisitions and investment fund formation. In addition, Matthew represents clients in international tax planning and is a member of the Law Society’s Corporation Tax Sub Committee.
He joined Mayer Brown in 2019.
- Band 5: Tax Matthew Mortimer of Mayer Brown provides guidance on a range of tax issues to corporate clients. He continues to advise on the tax aspects of M&A as well as capital markets transactions. "He's a highly responsive and thorough lawyer." Chambers UK
- Listed as a key lawyer for VAT and Indirect Tax and Corporate Tax. Legal 500
- Matthew Mortimer can provide guidance on a range of tax issues to corporate clients. He continues to advise on the tax aspects of M&A as well as on capital markets transactions.
"He is very good, technical and easy to work with." Chambers UK
- University of Bristol, LPC
- University of Cambridge, Trinity College, MA
- England und Wales
- Member of the Law Society's Corporation Tax Sub-Committee