Gerard Moore acts on a range of construction and commercial disputes and across a number of dispute resolution forums. He has represented clients in international and domestic arbitrations, litigation in intermediate and superior courts (in the UAE and Australia), adjudication and mediation.
Gerard also acts for and advises clients on non-contentious aspects of construction projects. His experience includes drafting and negotiating project agreements on behalf of employers, contractors, subcontractors and consultants. He also regularly provides in-project advice to clients in respect of their legal and contractual rights and obligations.
- Acting for a contractor on high value arbitration proceedings in relation to an infrastructure project in UAE.
- Acting for a national oil company in a US $2bn LCIA arbitration relating to an oil and gas project in Kuwait.
- Advising a joint venture contractor in relation to a US $800m claim in connection with a landmark hospital project in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Advising the lead contractor of the consortium responsible for the US$2.9bn extension and upgrade of Dubai Metro's Red Line.
- Acting as project counsel for a major contractor in relation to a large mixed-use retail-commercial project under a US $1.6bn design and build contract.
- Acting for a main contractor in US $60m ICC arbitration proceedings against a major developer in relation to a mixed use development project in Kuwait.
- "In Gerard Moore, the Mayer Brown team has recruited an excellent litigator who brings from his previous firm a wealth of experience in the region and detailed knowledge of arbitration practice." Legal 500 EMEA
- Monash University, LLB (Hons)
- College of Law, Melbourne, Australia, Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- High Court of Australia
- Supreme Court of Victoria