Jennifer Keating is co-leader of the firm’s Chicago Corporate & Securities practice. She represents clients in transactions and general corporate law matters. Her transactional practice is focused on domestic and cross-border stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures, mergers, joint ventures and similar transactions. She also advises clients in strategic commercial matters such as license agreements, marketing agreements, development agreements and other collaborative arrangements. She works with clients in a number of industries, including chemicals, technology, agribusiness, manufacturing and financial services.
Jennifer joined Mayer Brown in 1999 and is a member of the firm’s Global Chemicals Industry Group. Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Jennifer was a law clerk to the Honorable James B. Loken of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
Jennifer is ranked as a leading Corporate/M&A lawyer in Chambers USA 2021 and was recognized by The Deal as one of its “Top Women in Dealmaking” in 2020. She also received an honorable mention in Mergers & Acquisitions’ 2021 list of the “Most Influential Women in Mid-Market M&A”, an annual recognition that honors “consummate dealmakers who are also champions of change and powerful advocates for diversity, equity and inclusion”.
- Represented Wolters Kluwer in various matters, including its acquisition of Vanguard Software Corporation, a global provider of cloud-based integrated business planning solutions, its acquisition of eOriginal, a leading provider of cloud-based digital lending software, and the sale of its Corsearch trademark solutions business to Audax Private Equity.
- Represented Hemlock Semiconductor in the acquisition of DuPont’s trichlorosilanes business and the acquisition by Corning of DuPont’s equity interest in Hemlock for $725 million.
- Represented CNH Industrial in its acquisition of AgDNA, a leader in farm information management systems, and its acquisition of ATI Inc., a global manufacturer of track systems for high-power tractors and combines, and its minority investment in Monarch Tractor, a US-based agricultural technology company.
- Represented Northern Trust in connection with various matters, including its strategic equity investment in Equity Data Science, a cloud-based analytics platform, the negotiation of an exclusive partnership with, and subsequent acquisition of, BEx LLC, a provider of software solutions in the financial technology sector and the acquisitions of Parilux Investment Technology, LLC and Belvedere Advisors LLC.
- Represented The Dow Chemical Company in connection with various matters, including the $1.2 billion sale of ANGUS Chemical Company, the formation of a joint venture with Mitsui & Co., Ltd. for the production and sale of biopolymers in Brazil, and Dow’s acquisition of the remaining 50 percent stake in its joint venture, Univation Technologies, LLC, from ExxonMobil Chemical Company.
- Represented Syngenta Crop Protection AG in connection with various matters, including (i) the acquisition of Abbott & Cobb, a U.S.-owned independent breeder, producer, and marketer of vegetable seeds, (ii) the acquisition of the professional products insecticide business of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, (iii) the negotiation of a research partnership with AgBiome, Inc. and (v) the negotiation of a global technology development agreement with, and subsequent acquisition of, Pasteuria Bioscience, Inc., a US-based biotechnology company.
- Represented Cummins Inc., a global manufacturer and distributor of diesel engines, filtration and power generation products, on the acquisition of a 50% equity stake in a Chinese joint venture.
- Represented DaVita Inc. in the formation of a joint venture involving the sale of an aggregate 40% equity interest in DaVita’s Asia-Pacific kidney care business to subsidiaries of Khazanah Nasional Berhad and Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
- Represented Wells Fargo in the negotiation of an agreement for the transfer to AFCO of producing agent relationships from Wells Fargo’s insurance premium finance business.
- Represented Ryerson Holding Corporation in its acquisition of Fanello Industries, a metal processor and service provider.
- Represented Chemtura Corporation in connection with various matters, including the sale of its EPDM and chemical foaming agent businesses and the sale of its Refined Products business.
- Represented Illinois Tool Works in various matters, including its acquisition of CFC International, a holography and specialty coated film company, via a public merger and its acquisition of Click Commerce, via a cash tender offer and second step merger.
- Represented General Motors Corporation in the sale of its Electro-Motive Division (EMD) to an investor group led by Greenbriar Equity Group and Berkshire Partners.
- Represented Abbott Laboratories in the $390 million acquisition of i-STAT Corp. via a cash tender offer and second-step merger.
The University of Chicago Law School, JD, with honors
Topic Access Editor, The University of Chicago Law Review
Cornell University, BA
- US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit