Co-leader of Chicago Office Corporate & Securities
Jennifer L. Keating
Corporate & Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions, Chemicals
Jennifer Keating is co-leader of the firm’s Chicago Corporate & Securities practice. She represents clients in transactions and general corporate law matters. Her transactional practice is focused on domestic and cross-border stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures, mergers, joint ventures and similar transactions. She also advises clients in strategic commercial matters such as development agreements, marketing agreements and other collaborative arrangements. She works with clients in a number of industries, including technology, chemicals, agribusiness, manufacturing and financial services.
Jennifer joined Mayer Brown in 1999 and is a member of the firm’s Global Chemicals Industry Group. Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Jennifer was a law clerk to the Honorable James B. Loken of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
Jennifer is ranked as a leading Corporate/M&A lawyer in Chambers USA and was recognized by The Deal as one of its “Top Women in Dealmaking” in 2020.
- Represented Morningstar in its acquisition of Leveraged Commentary & Data, a market leader in news, research, data, insights, and indexes for the leveraged finance market, from S&P Global for up to $650 million.
- Represented Wolters Kluwer in various matters, including its acquisition of Vanguard Software Corporation, a global provider of cloud-based integrated business planning solutions, its acquisition of eOriginal, a leading provider of cloud-based digital lending software, and the sale of its Corsearch trademark solutions business to Audax Private Equity.
- Represented Neogen Corporation in the acquisition of animal genetic testing company Genetic Veterinary Sciences, Inc.
- Represented Hemlock Semiconductor in the acquisition of DuPont’s trichlorosilanes business and the acquisition by Corning of DuPont’s equity interest in Hemlock for $725 million.
- The University of Chicago Law School, JD, with honors
Topic Access Editor, The University of Chicago Law Review
- Cornell University, BA
- US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit