"...vastly experienced. Highlighted was his 'ability to explain legalese to business people in a straightforward and modest way' and his 'constant and reliable input and advice to boards and committees.'"Chambers USA
Robert F. “Bob” Gray, Jr. is a partner in the firm’s Corporate & Securities practice in the Houston office.
He has advised boards of directors, as well as audit and special committees, of public companies in many industries. Bob has represented a variety of public and private companies, underwriters, and equity investors/venture funds in private placements, public offerings and mergers and acquisitions. His extensive industry experience is a significant advantage for clients operating in the energy and technology arenas.
According to Chambers USA 2015, Bob “has great judgment and provides commercially-oriented legal advice.”
- Advised underwriters in connection with $800,000,000 Senior Notes of Rowan Companies, Inc.
- Advised ATP Oil & Gas Corporation in connection with PIPE offering.
- Advised underwriters in connection with 5,000,000 Common Units of Exterran Partners, L.P.
- Advised underwriters in connection with $500,000,000 7.875% Senior Notes due 2019 of Rowan Companies, Inc.
- Advised Precision Drilling Trust in connection with $172,000,000 cross-border public offering of 46,000,000 trust units.
- Advised dealer managers in connection with 144A offering of 1,650,000 shares of 5.375% Series B Cumulative Convertible Preferred Stock of Goodrich Petroleum Corporation at $50.00 per share.
- Advised underwriters in connection with secondary offering of 3,400,000 common shares of Goodrich Petroleum Corporation at $15.50 per share.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advised Kentz Ltd. In connection with the acquisition of Valerus Compression Services LLC.
- Advised Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores in connection with the acquisition of 28 truck stops from Pilot Travel Center LLC.
- Advised Petroleos Delta in connection with the acquisition of Royal Dutch Shell Plc’s service station assets in Panama and Costa Rica.
- Advised Special Committee of the Board of TEPPCO Partners, L.P. in connection with sale to Enterprise Products Partners L.P.
- Advised Precision Drilling Trust in connection with acquisition of Grey Wolf Inc.
- Advised Kappa Energy Holdings Ltd. in connection with sale to Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp.
- Advised UBS AG in connection with acquisition of 50% of Northern Star Generation.
- Advised Sterling Energy PLC in connection with acquisition of Whittier Energy Corporation.
- Advised Centurion Energy International Inc. in connection with acquisition of Merlon Petroleum Corporation.
- Advised Precision Drilling Corporation in connection with disposition of Precision Energy Services and Precision International Drilling Divisions to Weatherford International Ltd.
New York University, LLM
University of San Diego School of Law, JD
University of Michigan, MBA
University of Michigan, BBA
- District of Columbia
- American Bar Association
- Chairman, Business Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, 1995 to 1996
- Texas State Liaison, ABA Committee on Corporate Laws, 1990 to 1998
- Fellow, Texas Business Law Foundation
- Executive Board of Directors, BioHouston, 2003 to 2015
- Board of Managers, Cougar Investment Fund, 2001 to date
- Dean's Advisory Board, University of Houston C.T. Bauer College of Business, 2002 to date
- Advisory Board of Directors, Houston Technology Center, 2000 to Present; Chairman, 2001 to 2005
- Board of Directors, Junior Achievement of Houston/Gulf Coast, 1996 to 2001