James A. (Tripp) Fussell III
Intellectual Property, Medical Devices, ITC Section 337 Actions
High-profile businesses rely on James "Tripp" Fussell for his comprehensive experience strategizing and trying complex intellectual property cases to help in safeguarding their intellectual property's worth and maximizing its potential. Some of the world's leading technology companies seek representation from Tripp as lead counsel in matters before US federal district courts throughout the nation, as well as in the distinguished arenas of the US International Trade Commission (ITC) and the US Court of Federal Claims. Clients regularly trust Tripp to appear on their behalf at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) and the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Pantech Corp. as lead counsel in a series of patent infringement cases as part of the licensing and enforcement efforts concerning a large portfolio of telecommunications patents, including standard essential patents. Defendants include smartphone manufacturers such as BLU Products, Inc., ASUSTEK Computer Inc., Coolpad Group Ltd., WIKO SAS, and OnePlus Technology (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd.
- EDST, LLC as lead counsel in patent infringement cases at the ITC, Eastern District of Texas, and Middle District of Florida against its competitor iApartments, Inc. The case involved Internet of Things (IoT) product and services, including smart thermostat hubs, in the multi-family residence industry.
- Sipco, LLC in a series of patent infringement cases as part of the licensing and enforcement efforts concerning a portfolio of patents concerning wireless communication technologies relevant to various standard wireless mesh network protocols, such as WirelessHART, ZigBee, IEEE 802.15.4, and Z-Wave. Defendants include CommScope Holding Company, Inc., ARRIS Solutions, Inc., and Ruckus Wireless, Inc.
- Washington Business Journal "40 Under 40" 2011
- George Washington University Law School, LLM, Intellectual Property
- University of Arkansas, BS, with honors, Civil Engineering
- District of Columbia
- US Patent and Trademark Office
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Eastern District of Texas Bar Association
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- International Trade Commission Trial Lawyers Association
- Intellectual Property Owners Association