Aymeric de Moncuit
Antitrust & Competition
Clients trust Aymeric de Moncuit when faced with high profile antitrust and competition cases in Europe. Clients frequently seek his advice on EU competition rules, such as merger control, cartels, competitor collaborations, dominance, State aid, as well as on key issues related to Artificial Intelligence (AI), the Internet of Things (IoT), the European Green Deal and ESG. Aymeric is a highly respected lawyer, with a deep experience in European courts, and a strong network of relationships with European businesses and industries.
In addition to lecturing on French and EU Competition Law at Paris-Panthéon-Assas University, he is a prolific writer and speaker on EU litigation, State aid and competition law topics. Previously, Aymeric was a Référendaire in the General Court of the European Union, a case handler with the French Competition Authority and a competition lawyer with an international law firm.
- Represented Generali RE and Munich Re in connection with the acquisition of Saxon Land, a real estate investment company.
- Represented Generali funds on a co-investment transaction and joint venture in One Fen Court, a newly-developed office tower in London’s insurance district, with German insurer Munich Re.
- Represented a major Japanese trading company in connection with the acquisition of a controlling interest in a mining company.
- Advised various manufacturers on the implementation of their distribution network in France and the EU.
- Advised Private Equity firms on recent cases in the technology sector.
- Advised and provided training to various companies on the Digital Market Act and the Digital Service Act.
- Advised and provided training to various companies on dawn raid inspections.
- Harvard Law School, Program on Negotiation and Leadership (PON)
- King's College London, Master's (Intellectual Property Law)
- Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, Diplôme d'études approfondies de droit européen (Postgraduate degree, European Law), Maîtrise en droit des affaires et en droit international (Masters degree in Business Law and International Law)
- University of Leeds, Licence de droit (Bachelor degree in law, Erasmus program)
- Brussels (Bar E list - Ordre Francais des Avocats au Barreau de Bruxelles)