Nina Cao is an associate in the Corporate & Securities practice in Mayer Brown’s New York office. Nina’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and PE deals, as well as other corporate transactions, across a variety of industries, including renewable energy, chemical, biomedical, pharmaceuticals and real estate. She advises clients in US and cross-border acquisitions, reorganizations, joint ventures, strategic alliances, commercial transactions and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Nina worked in the Corporate and M&A group in one of China’s most prestigious and largest law firms in its New York office as a senior associate. Her practice focused on M&A, PE and VC investments.
M&A/Joint Ventures/Venture Capital Investments:
- Represented The Jordan Company in its acquisition through a newly formed company of four global business segments of Trimble Inc.: Protempis, a timing and synchronization solutions company; Loadrite, a weighing solutions company; Spectra Precision, a manufacturer of precision laser instruments; and SECO, a surveying equipment and instruments provider.
- Represented Yixing Capital in its acquisition of global furniture company Lexington Home Brands, Inc.
- Represented Joinn Laboratories China Co. Ltd. in its acquisition of Biomedical Research Models, a Boston-based pre-clinical CRO.
- Represented Tsingshan Group in its acquisition of the DRAP business line of Allegheny Technologies Incorporated (NYSE: ATI) by forming a joint venture.
- Represented a global maritime company in its strategic acquisitions of a majority stake in three Indian aquatic products processing companies.
- Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of an Alabama-based molecular diagnostic company.
- Represented ZTE Corporation in its acquisition of a controlling stake in a California-based commercial physical and biological research company.
- Represented a California software system designing and development company in its venture capital financing, restructuring and re-domiciliation to Cayman Islands through a reverse triangular merger.
- Represented a group of private equity funds in their joint acquisition of a California-based video producing company.
- Represented a global private equity firm in its serial investments in numerous biotechnology companies across the US
- Represented Thalys Medical Technology Group in its investment in LevitasBio, a Stanford spinout commercializing a cell purification and separation technology based on magnetic levitation.
- Represented a Chinese publicly listed biotech pharmaceutical company in its investment in a Maryland-based therapeutical company.
- Represented a Chinese publicly listed medical equipment manufacturing and distributing company in its investment in a California-based molecular diagnostics company.
Washington University in St. Louis, JD
- New York