Scott Cooper is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Los Angeles office and a member of the Real Estate practice. His practice involves the full-range representation of capital markets and traditional financial institutions and other investors in transactions involving real property.
Scott is a member of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers and has been recognized as a leading lawyer in real estate in The Best Lawyers in America and Chambers USA. He has presented at numerous seminars and written extensively for the real estate bar, and he has served as general counsel to a major national hotel developer and operator.
He has served on numerous civic, charitable and professional boards and committees, including as a member of the board of advisors of the UCLA Medical Center, vice-chairman of the Central City Association, trustee of the Neighborhood Youth Association and executive committee member of the Urban Land Institute Los Angeles District Council.
- Represents capital markets institutions, banks and life insurance companies in origination of mortgage-secured loans involving all kinds of commercial properties
- Represents lenders in restructuring of financing transactions and portfolio relationships involving office buildings, hotels, shopping centers and residential developments and represents financial institutions in foreclosures and in the exercise of other remedies
- Represents financial institutions in acquisitions and dispositions of portfolios of mortgage loans and other real estate assets
- Represents landlords and tenants in leasing of over one million square feet of office and retail space
- Represents developers in all phases of the development of hotels, shopping centers and office buildings
University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, JD
Order of the Coif; Member, Board of Editors, UCLA Law Review
University of California, Los Angeles, AB
- US District Court for the Northern District of California
- US District Court for the Central District of California
- US District Court for the Southern District of California