Guy W. Barcelona Jr.
Intellectual Property, Trademark Prosecution & Brand Management, Technology & IP Transactions
Guy W. Barcelona Jr. is a partner in Mayer Brown's Intellectual Property and Technology & IP Transactions group in Chicago. He counsels clients in a diverse array of enforcement, procurement and transactional intellectual property matters covering a variety of technological and business areas.
Guy’s trademark experience covers all aspects of prosecution and enforcement. He manages large and small portfolios throughout the clearance and filing process, and advises clients pursuing a worldwide trademark strategy. Guy has enforced and defended trademarks and domains before the US Trademark Trial and Appeals Board, US Federal Courts, and World Intellectual Property Organization.
- Advise clients regarding the likelihood of success in pursuing enforcement actions before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeals Board and U.S. Federal Courts.
- Prosecute and defend trademark infringement claims in U.S. Federal Courts, and opposition and cancellation proceedings before T.T.A.B.
- Negotiate and draft settlement agreements regarding claims of copyright and trademark infringement.
- Draft dispositive and non-dispositive motions, petitions for review, expert reports and expert witness statements, and invalidity and infringement contentions in U.S. Federal Courts and at the ITC.
- Prepare witnesses for deposition and cross-examination.
- Ranked World Trademark Review (WTR) 1000: US: Illinois (2023)
- Purdue University, BS
- The John Marshall Law School, JD, cum laude