Tax Strategies for Corporate Acquisitions, Dispositions, Spin-Offs, Joint Ventures, Financings, Reorganizations & Restructurings 2022
Practising Law Institute
Practising Law Institute will host a three-day program will focus on the tax issues presented by the entire spectrum of modern major corporate transactions, from single-buyer acquisitions of a division or subsidiary to multi-party joint ventures, cross-border mergers, and complex acquisitions of public companies with domestic and foreign operations, including spin-offs and other dispositions of unwanted operations. Mayer Brown partner Tom Humphreys will be a panelist.
What You Will Learn:
- Identify key risk allocation issues when negotiating and drafting provisions in acquisition agreements
- Evaluate the relative merits of taxable transactions versus tax-free reorganizations and spin-offs, and identify when it is best to employ one transaction over another
- Understand the tax implications of transactions involving special purpose acquisitions companies (“SPACs”)
- Learn to leverage the tax benefits of using partnerships, and other passthrough entities, in joint ventures or as acquiring entities
- Employ tax efficient strategies in the acquisition of loss companies
- Understand the impact of new and evolving rules on cross-border acquisitions and restructurings
- Recognize, and learn to avoid, the ethical pitfalls you may encounter when providing tax opinions and recommending return positions
Visit the program website.