Leader of Frankfurt Office Intellectual Property
Dr. Ulrich Worm
Clients rely on Ulrich Worm for advice on IP-related matters, including patent, trade secrets, design right, trademark, unfair competition and copyright matters. He represents clients in patent infringement and nullity proceedings and other IP litigation cases before courts in Germany. In addition to litigating IP cases before German courts, Ulrich coordinates cross-border IP litigation cases. He also advises on patent related matters such as patent license and other technology transfer agreements and fights counterfeiting of patent, design right and trademark protected products.
Patent Litigation and Patent Advisory
- A Korean company against a multi-national competitor in patent infringement and invalidity litigation cases concerning standard essential patents for the LTE and 5G standards.
- An airline against allegations of patent infringement by a non-practicing entity in relation to a mobile boarding software solution.
- A European conglomerate of companies in the machinery sector in third-party submissions in the examination phase of a patent application filed by a competitor, and advised the client on related freedom-to-operate and design-around questions.
- A Japanese company in the telecommunication sector in several patent infringement and patent invalidation litigation cases concerning mobile communication devices against US based technology company.
- A Chinese producer of aerogel materials in several patent infringement and nullity/opposition proceedings against US competitor.
- “Ulrich is a very professional practitioner, he can render useful suggestions for our decision making, make the most advantageous plan, and provide special and explicit instructions during whole litigations.” – IAM Patent 1000
- Leading Patent Individual: Infringement in Germany in Band Bronze – IAM Patent 1000
- Ranked in Germany – World Trademark Review (WTR) 1000
- "Worm heads the German IP team and brings a background in chemistry to his diverse practice." – IAM Patent 1000
- "German IP head Worm likewise traverses the contentious/non-contentious divide with ease and benefits from his scientific background in chemistry." – IAM Patent 1000
- Doctor's Degree (PhD in Law), University of Frankfurt am Main
- 第二次国家法律考试（德国律师执业资格考试）, Frankfurt
- Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), Higher Regional Court Frankfurt am Main
- 第一次国家法律考试, Mainz
- University of Mainz
- Kerschensteinerschule, Wiesbaden, Professional training diploma in chemistry
- Deutsche Vereinigung für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht (GRUR)
- Assistant professor, University of Applied Sciences, Mainz.