知识产权, 税务, 能源税务
Ivan Tauil is the founding partner and Head of the tax law practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown. He has extensive experience in local and international taxation. He is also the author of several articles and is often a lecturer at a number of legal and corporate events in Brazil and abroad. Ivan holds an LL.M. in constitutional law and theory of the state from PUC-RJ. He is the Chairman of the National Oil & Gas Law Committee of the Brazilian Bar Association, Director of the Brazilian Tax Law Academy, and a member of the Brazilian Finance Law Association, the International Fiscal Association and the International Bar Association. In addition, Ivan is also a member of the Editorial Board of Revista Tributária e de Finanças Públicas – Ed. Revista dos Tribunais. In 2016, both Global Chambers and Chambers Latin America recognized him as one of the “Leaders in their Field” for his legal work in the tax sector.
- Represented a foreign group in the tax restructuring of this group that had just been acquired under a transaction worth more than $3 billion.
- Represented a Brazilian client in connection with drafting the statement of defense for a tax fine involving more than $1.1 billion.
- Represented a German industrial group with revenues in excess of $4 billion in the tax structuring of its business in Brazil.
- Represented two international television companies in connection with structuring their $150 million joint venture in Brazil.
- Ranked as “Highly Recommended” in Tax at Latin Lawyer 250
- Ranked as “Highly Recommended” in Energy at Latin Lawyer 250
- “Ivan Tauil fronts a contingent of highly praised tax lawyers from the firm’s Rio de Janeiro office, which also features Guido Vinci, Flávia Cavalcanti, Eduardo Maccari Telles and Carolina Bottino.” Latin Lawyer 250
- Ranked in Tax Advisory at The Legal 500
- “Tax has long been a key focus for founder and practice head Ivan Tauil, whose team includes Guido Vinci for transactional and VAT matters and Eduardo Maccari Telles for litigation”. The Legal 500
- Universidade de Coimbra, Specialization degree in European Law
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro, 法学硕士, Constitutional Law and Theory of the State
- Universidade Federal Fluminense (UFF), Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Bachelor of Social Science
- Chairman, National Oil & Gas Law Committee of the Brazilian Bar Association
- Former Chairman, Oil & Gas Committee of the Brazilian Bar Association, Rio de Janeiro Chapter
- Director, Brazilian Tax Law Academy
- Member, Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Member, Association for Real Estate Project Development in Brazil (ADIT)