Stefanie Skoruppa is counsel in the Frankfurt and Düsseldorf offices of Mayer Brown's Corporate practice as well as Restructuring practice. She advises national and international clients on mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and insolvency law, as well as in corporate matters and general matters of commercial and trade law. Further to her transactional work she advises national and international clients on an ongoing basis, with a focus on the automotive supply, chemicals and food industry.
Stefanie joined Mayer Brown in September 2013. In addition to her native German, she is fluent in English and speaks conversational French.
Restructuring and Insolvency
- Advised Big Four accounting firm as security trustee in the insolvency proceeding of Vivacon AG.
- Advised international investment bank as member of creditors' committee of insolvent IVG Immobilien AG in self-administration proceedings, including in relation to the preparation and content of an insolvency plan and insider trading.
- Advised international Australian based investment bank on the acquisition of distressed debt, restructuring and enforcement regarding a road toll infrastructure company.
- Advised leading family-owned German company in the wood industry regarding the refinancing and restructuring of the group including mezzanine structures.
- Advised various trustees regarding master documents for contractual trust arrangements (CTA) in various structures, including certificates on insolvency remoteness and insolvency equivalency.
- Advises various trustors in connection with the conclusion of contractual trust arrangements (CTA).
- Advised a service provider in the gambling industry on questions of restructuring law.
- Represented various clients in court and out-of-court disputes on insolvency challenge claims.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advising Hydro on the acquisition of Hueck group and its building systems and extrusions business.
- Advising BENTELER Group on the sale of its hot rolling mill in Shreveport, Louisiana, USA, by way of share deal to Tenaris.
- Advising on sale of majority stake in Theobald Software.
- Advised Lear Corporation on acquisition of Kongsberg Automotive’s Interior Comfort Systems Business Unit.
- Advised leading tourism group on the acquisition of certain assets from the insolvent Thomas Cook group.
- Advised WiseTech Global, a leading developer and provider of software solutions to the logistics execution industry globally, on its public tender offer for shares in Softship AG, a leading provider of software solutions and related services to the international liner shipping sector, and subsequently on the squeeze-out of the minority shareholders in Softship AG.
- Advised Beijing Enterprises Holdings Limited on the acquisition of EEW Energy from Waste GmbH from Swedish investor EQT for a purchase price of approximately EUR 1.4 billion. This acquisition was until then the largest M&A transaction of a Chinese company in Germany.
- Advised listed international chemicals company on the sale of its German and Austrian subsidiaries.
- Advised MacLean-Fogg Company on the sale of its Presswerk Krefeld affiliate to HANNOVER Finanz as new equity investor and majority shareholder as part of a management buy-out.
- Advised Generac Power Systems, Inc., a leading designer and manufacturer of power generation equipment and other engine powered products for residential, commercial and industrial use, on the acquisition of the assets of MOTORTECH Holding GmbH & Co. KG.
- Advised Publicis Groupe, a global advertising service provider, on the squeeze-out of the minority shareholders of Pixelpark AG.
- Advised German affiliates of a listed US automotive supplier on several M&A projects.
Corporate and Commercial
- Ongoing corporate and commercial law advice to the German affiliates of a listed US automotive supplier, including advice on corporate restructuring projects, warranty and product liability issues, supply, consignment stock, service, logistics and other types of agreements.
- Ongoing corporate and commercial law advice to a listed US based international chemical company, including on corporate restructuring projects, supervisory board-related questions and logistics agreements.
- Ongoing corporate and commercial law advice to a leading tire manufacturer including on warranty and product liability issues, supply, service, consignment stock, logistics and other agreements.
- Ongoing corporate and commercial law advice to an international glass manufacturer, including warranty and product liability issues, supply, service and other types of agreements.
- Ongoing corporate and commercial law advice to a premium listed food company including drafting general terms and conditions, advice on warranty issues, supply, service and other agreements.
5 月 23 日2023 年
11 月 17 日2022 年
LLM, University of New South Wales, Sydney
Second State Law Examination (bar exam), Mainz
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), Mainz, Frankfurt am Main, Brussels
First State Law Examination, Mainz
University of Mainz