"a diligent, down-to-earth lawyer, who demonstrates control over demanding instructions"Legal 500 2018
Iain is a partner in the Real Estate practice of the London office. His experience covers a wide variety of commercial property work, including property development and finance, corporate transactions, property management for investment funds and general transactional work. He has been ranked as "an associate to watch" by Chambers UK 2015 and gains praise from notable clients. He has recently assisted in a number of large investment transactions.
He joined Mayer Brown in 1999.
Liverpool University, English Law, French Law and French
including a year studying French Law in Paris
- Listed as a 'Leading individual' and under 'Other key lawyers' for Commercial Property. 'Iain Roberts, a mixed-use development expert is an additional name to note'. (Legal 500 2021).
- Listed as a 'Leading Individual' and under 'Other key lawyers' for Commercial Property, 'Iain Roberts is recommended for high-value investment transactions and mixed use property developments.' (Legal 500 2020).
- Iain Roberts was promoted to partner in 2018 and has been recognised as "a diligent, down-to-earth lawyer, who demonstrates control over demanding instructions". Also listed as a Next Generation Lawyer. (Legal 500 2018).
- Ranked as an "Associate to watch", senior associate Iain Roberts gains praise from notable clients. He has recently assisted in a number of large investment transactions. (Chambers UK 2015).
- "Very good, very capable and commercial." (Chambers UK 2014).
- Ranked as a key individual (Chambers UK 2013).