Managing Partner of Los Angeles Office
消费者诉讼及集体诉讼, ERISA诉讼, 电子举证及信息治理
John Nadolenco is the Managing Partner of Mayer Brown’s Los Angeles office and current global co-chair of the Technology Industry Group. His civil litigation and trial practice focuses on high-stakes cases and class action defense, including defending consumer class actions, employment and antitrust cases, and challenging inappropriate government regulations. John has handled several high-profile cases. He served as lead counsel in Spokeo, Inc. v. Robins, which the United States Supreme Court decided in our client’s favor, making it harder for plaintiffs to bring no-injury lawsuits. Some said “the future of consumer class actions” was at stake as the case raised significant constitutional issues under Article III and, ultimately, made it harder for plaintiffs in Internet privacy, cybersecurity and numerous other types of cases to bring no-injury lawsuits. In addition, John has extensive experience trying high-stakes and class cases.
- In re Volkswagen. Defended VW in dozens of California federal and state putative class actions alleging that the company improperly installed emissions-defeat devices on some of its diesel cars.
- Robins v. Spokeo, Inc. (US District Court for the Central District of California). Representing Spokeo in a putative nationwide class action under the Fair Credit Report Act. After obtaining dismissal from the trial court and the Ninth Circuit reversing, the case headed to the US Supreme Court (see above). Ultimately, the Court ruled for Spokeo, holding that plaintiffs must allege real and particularized injuries to satisfy Article III. Since then, John has handled numerous cases raising “Spokeo issues.”
- In re Bahia Emerald. Representing the country of Brazil—before state and federal courts, and before numerous federal agencies—in its effort to repatriate the infamous 840-pound Bahia Emerald. The case has drawn a significant amount of international and national media attention. Succeeded in working with U.S. Department of Justice to seize the Emerald pending criminal proceedings in Brazil.
- Benchmark Litigation - California Litigation Star and Litigation Star (Class Action/Labor and Employment)
- American University Washington College of Law, JD, summa cum laude
- University of Arizona, BA, summa cum laude
- US District Court for the Central District of California
- US District Court for the Northern District of California
- US District Court for the Southern District of California
- US District Court for the Eastern District of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member of the Board of Governors for the Association of Business Trial Lawyers (ABTL), Los Angeles, since 2005