诉讼及争议解决, 银行及金融诉讼, 国际仲裁
"Stephen Moi is absolutely first class. His outwardly polite and polished manner belie a steely and tenacious litigator."
“Very smart and commercial… a clever partner with excellent judgement."
“Extremely bright. The quality of the work produced by him is always of an exceptional standard.”
Stephen Moi acts for clients in a variety of commercial and corporate contexts, concentrating on cross-border disputes and investigations relating to finance, energy, and restructuring and insolvency. Stephen has a particular interest in private international law issues regarding jurisdiction, governing law, and enforcement of judgments and arbitral awards.
Stephen has considerable experience advising clients on complex, multi-jurisdictional disputes, from the pre-action stage through to the substantive hearing (or settlement) and appeal; this includes UK High Court and Court of Appeal proceedings as well as arbitration under LCIA, ICC, UNCITRAL and LMAA Rules.
- The Liquidators of an engineering and construction company, which went into insolvent liquidation with debts totalling over US$2 billion, in litigation against former directors, officers, and shareholders, and on asset tracing and recovery strategy in multiple jurisdictions, including on claims involving false accounting, fraud, breach of directors’ and other fiduciary duties, wrongful and fraudulent trading, unlawful distributions, knowing receipt and dishonest assistance, and unlawful means conspiracy.
- A leading financial institution in litigation and asset recovery actions in multiple jurisdictions regarding various disputed trade finance transactions.
- The Administrators of a substantial real estate business in court proceedings relating to the scope and effect of various security interests in the administration estate: Re Industrial North West LLP (in administration)  EWHC 3052 (Ch).
- UBS in English Commercial Court proceedings concerning single-tranche CDOs and credit default swaps entered into with a municipal water company: UBS v. Kommunale Wasserwerke Leipzig GmbH and others  EWHC 3615 (Comm).
- Listed as a key lawyer for Banking Litigation and International Arbitration: "absolutely first class. His outwardly polite and polished manner belie a steely and tenacious litigator"; "a clever partner with excellent judgement"; "very smart and commercial." - Legal 500
- Listed as a key lawyer for Banking Litigation, Fraud, and International Arbitration: “Stephen Moi – excellent new partner, very hard working and commercially minded”; “Stephen’s promotion to partner is well deserved. He is very hard working and extremely bright. The quality of the work produced by him is always of an exceptional standard.” – Legal 500
- “Stephen Moi is very good at detail, is very thorough and easy to work with. He is very good at client handling and coordinated really tricky issues regarding communication with the FCA and stakeholders and was key to keeping the matter on track. Mayer Brown were excellent and always one step ahead in thinking through issues and solutions to problems that might arise. Resolved an issue that had been ongoing for several months, within a matter of weeks.” – Legal 500
- The College of Law, London, Legal Practice Course
- 英国伦敦大学学院（伦敦大学）, LLM Master of Laws
- Pembroke College, Oxford University, MA (Hons) Law
- London Solicitors Litigation Association
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum