Glen Kopp is a partner in Mayer Brown’s New York office and a member of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution and White Collar Defense & Compliance practices. He is a former Assistant United States Attorney in the Southern District of New York where he served for five years. As an Assistant United States Attorney, Glen conducted complex domestic and international investigations, prosecuted criminal jury trials, and argued before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. His work included a wide variety of fraud investigations and matters involving money laundering, terrorism, and national security. With this background, Glen has a deep understanding of federal enforcement priorities and practices on Wall Street and in Washington DC and is experienced with handling investigations involving foreign governments.
As a member of the White Collar Defense & Compliance practice, Glen focused on a number of areas of interest for clients, including cybersecurity, foreign corruption, government contracting fraud, securities fraud, corporate fraud, corporate compliance, insider trading, and criminal antitrust. In addition, Glen has led internal investigations into possible Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) violations and government contract fraud, drafted anticorruption policies and procedures, conducted anticorruption training for employees and management, and handled SEC and DOJ investigations for corporate and individual clients. Glen also has represented a high-level engineering executive in the General Motors ignition switch investigation and multiple engineers in the Takata airbag investigation.
Columbia Law School, 法律博士
Duke University, AB, magna cum laude
- Columbia Law School Adjunct Professor, 2007
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, New Orleans Law Clerk
- The Legal 500 United States Corporate Investigations and White Collar Criminal Defense, 2017
- US Department of Justice Attorney General’s Award for Exceptional Service, 2011, Intelligence Community Legal Award, Team of the Year, 2011, Attorney General’s Award for Distinguished Service, 2013
- Federal Law Enforcement Foundation Federal Prosecutor of the Year, 2011