Co-leader of International Trade
国际贸易, 美国外国投资委员会（CFIUS）, 公共政策、监管及政治法
“As a former Chief of Staff to the US Trade Representative . . . Tim Keeler has a deep understanding of how the Administration and Capitol Hill work together to advance and develop US trade policy.”
"He understands the law and has really good instincts with how things will be handled by CFIUS."
Tim Keeler is a partner and Co-Lead of Mayer Brown’s International Trade Product Team, as well as heading the firm’s Committee on Foreign Investment in the US (CFIUS) practice. He is also a member of the firm’s Public Policy, Regulatory & Government Affairs group. Tim joined Mayer Brown in 2009 after a varied career in the US Government, serving at the Office of the US Trade Representative (USTR), the US Treasury Department (which chairs CFIUS), and the US Senate Finance Committee.
Following eight years of service in the US executive branch on CFIUS member agencies, Tim handles all aspects of CFIUS work, including:
Tim’s significant engagements include:
- The $5 billion acquisition of a data historian software and software as a service (SAAS), whose customers included US critical infrastructure companies and US Government (USG) agencies, and which required the successful negotiation of a novel NSA.
- The $1.2 billion acquisition of a software and SAAS provider for the design, modeling, analysis of electrical networks, whose customers include US critical infrastructure and USG agencies, with the successful negotiation of a next-generation NSA.
- The acquisition of a SAAS provider of applications designed to manage and optimize renewable and distributed energy resources, which required the renegotiation of an existing NSA.
- The addition of a new Hong Kong-based investor into an existing NSA, successfully convincing CFIUS that no renegotiation of the NSA, and no separate filing, was necessary.
- "As a former Chief of Staff to the US Trade Representative and a former legal counsel on the House Ways and Means Committee, Tim Keeler has a deep understanding of how the Administration and Capitol Hill work together to advance and develop US trade policy." - Legal 500 USA
- "Timothy Keeler has a deep and substantive understanding of the evolving CFIUS and trade policy landscape. He has a deep network of connections that are difficult to match." - Legal 500 USA
- Ranked by Chambers USA for International Trade: CFIUS Experts – Nationwide
- Tulane University, BSE, Engineering Science
- George Mason University School of Law, JD, magna cum laude
Associate Editor, George Mason Law Review
- Adjunct Professor of Law (2010-2017), Georgetown School of Law
- Adjunct Professor (2018), Georgetown School of Foreign Service
- Member, Board of Directors, The Washington International Trade Association
- Term Member, Council on Foreign Relations (2010-2015)