Marcel Hörauf advises clients on banking and financial services regulatory law and on capital markets law. He counsels domestic and global financial institutions as well as corporations on a variety of regulatory matters relating to:
- Synthetic risk transfers, capital requirements and credit risk mitigation techniques under the CRR
- Bank and investment firms M&A
- OTC derivatives, CCP clearing and financial market infrastructure topics under MiFID II, EMIR, CSDR, SFTR, MiCAR, the Benchmark Regulation and related legislation
- Marketing of securities and licensing issues
- Payment services and outsourcing
- Digitalisation and innovation projects, DLT, FinTech, and legal tech
- Banking recovery & resolution
Marcel advises clients on various aspects of and regulatory developments in the area of Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG).
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Marcel worked for Deutsche Börse (German Stock Exchange) and another leading international law firm for several years.
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), New York, Brussels, Frankfurt
Diploma in Legal Studies, Cardiff
- "Recommended lawyer" for Capital Markets, Structured Finance, Securitisation, Banking and Finance, DCM, and Financial Services: Regulatory – Legal 500: Germany