"extremely experienced, quick perception, constructive" (client)JUVE Handbook 2016/2017
Dr. Fabian Hartwich is a partner in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown’s Real Estate practice. He heads the firm’s German Real Estate practice and serves on Mayer Brown's international Partner Promotion Committee. He has considerable experience in the interdisciplinary legal advice of German and international investors, asset manager, banks, funds and family offices on real estate transactions of all sorts.
This includes the acquisition and sale of real estate assets (either by way of portfolio or single asset transaction) as well as the structuring of project developments, joint ventures, lease agreements and all other real estate related contractual relationships (e.g. asset management agreements, building agreements, etc.). Furthermore, Fabian advises German and international lenders, sponsors and loan servicers on the acquisition as well as the restructuring of (non-performing) real estate financings based on all types of market-standard consensual and non-consensual restructuring solutions. Having been seconded to a leading British bank, he was able to gain valuable in-house experience in the area of “restructuring and recoveries”.
Fabian is recommended in the relevant directories JUVE, Legal 500, Chambers and The Best LawyersTM for real estate law. His clients include among others: ARES Real Estate, Commerz Real AG, LaSalle Investment Management, Art-Invest Real Estate, DIC AG, Credit Suisse Asset Management, The Carlyle Group, Joh. Berenberg, Gossler & Co. KG, Gazit Globe, plc., Schroder Real Estate, Generali Real Estate S.p.A.
In the current practical commentary on the COVID Mitigation Act (“COVID Abmilderungsgesetz”) (COVAbmildG, RWS-Verlag, 2020), Fabian Hartwich comments on the relevant provisions on tenancy law under Article 5, Section 2 (restriction on termination of tenancies and leases).
Before joining Mayer Brown in 2017, Fabian worked for other international law firms in Frankfurt, inter alia as one of the founding partners of the German offices.
Advised Dow Chemical Company on its participation in Hanseatic Energy Hub GmbH (HEH), the project company for the future LNG terminal at Stade industrial park (Lower Saxony, Germany), near the port of Hamburg. Dow takes a minority stake in HEH and is contributing the land for the construction of the terminal as well as infrastructure services, off-gas heat, site services and mutual harbor use rights. HEH will plan and build an LNG terminal, which is expected to provide regasification capacity of 13,3 billion cubic metres a year from 2026 onwards.
Advised Joh. Berenberg, Gossler & Co. KG together with Universal-Investment as capital management company on the acquisition of the multi-tenant office property "BELT" in Berlin-Friedrichshain. The property comprises a total lettable are of 8,865 sqm. Seller is a joint venture of the private equity company HighBrook Investors and the asset manager Aerium.
Advised VALUES.Investment Management on the acquisition of a fully let office building in Hamburg with a total lettable space of approx. 6,000 sqm for the institutional fund "BVK-Values-Immobilienfonds-CBD" managed for the Bayerische Versorgungskammer (BVK).
Advised Commerz Real AG on the acquisition of a portfolio of four neighborhood developments for its open-ended real estate fund "HausInvest" from the project developer QUARTERBACK Immobilien AG. This includes the developments: "Wohnen am Kulturgleis" in Dresden, "Wohnen am Mönchsberg" in Jena as well as "Krystallpalast-Areal" and "Eliseneck" in Leipzig. After completion of the properties, it is expected that around 650 apartments, a hotel with 282 rooms and around 20,000 sqm of commercial space will have been newly developed.
Advised DIC Asset AG on the acquisition of three office properties from the Cologne "TechnologiePark portfolio" from TPG Real Estate Partners for more than EUR 250 million. The three office buildings comprise a total lettable area of around 60,000 sqm which are leased on a long-term basis to renowned public sector institutions.
Advised Greenman Investments on the acquisition of a fully let retail park in Sonneberg with a total lettable area of approx. 33.000 sqm for its Greenman OPEN-Fund. Anchor tenant of the property is EDEKA.
Advised CAIROS Group on the sale of the "Opernpalais" in Frankfurt am Main. The property is part of the office and retail complex "Die Welle" and is fully let to the private bank "Julius Bär".
Advised Aspera Capital Management Ltd on the sale of a long-established health center with a total lettable area of around 7,000 sqm in Waiblingen to Captiva. Main tenant of the property is the Waiblingen Central Clinic.
Advised VALUES. Institutional Invest GmbH on the acquisition of a core property in München-Bogenhausen for its VALUES Public Sector Fund. The property comprises a total lettable area of approx. 8,500 sqm. Main tenant is the Free State of Bavaria.
Advised QUEST Investment Partners on the acquisition of the former Deutsche Bahn headquarters in Frankfurt for a fund of funds of a professional pension fund. The purchase is being made via a newly established special AIF, which INTREAL manages as a service KVG. The previous owner is the closed-end public fund Hesse Newman Real Estate No. 3, managed by QUEST Funds, for which QUEST is modernizing the striking property and re-letting the space of approx. 51,000 sqm.
Advised Aurelis Real Estate GmbH on the sale of a commercial park located at Peter-Sander-Straße 41-31 in Wiesbaden to Palmira Capital Partners for their Palmira Unternehmensimmobilien Club Fund in an off-market transaction. The commercial park comprises a total lettable space of approx. 16,000 sqm and is let 75%.
Advised DIC Asset AG on the (indirect) acquisition of the Mercedes-Benz-Center located in Cologne for its own portfolio. The flagship property was built in 2006 for sole tenant Daimler AG and comprises approx. 34.600 sqm of rental space. The total investment costs for the architecturally and qualitatively high-grade property are approx. EUR 71 million.
Advised IntReal International Real Estate on the sale of a logistics property in Heusenstamm to BentallGreenOak. BEOS had acquired the property in 2013 for its fund"BEOS Corporate Real Estate Fund Germany II".
Advised VALUES. Institutional Invest GmbH on the acquisition of a fully leased office and commercial building in Berlin-Wilmersdorf with a total lettable area of approx. 4,000 sqm for its institutional fund "VALUES Prime Locations". Anchor tenant of the property is Hugendubel. Seller is the British asset manager and investor Aberdeen Standard Investments.
Advising Montano Asset Management GmbH on the acquisition of a fully leased office complex at Düsseldorf's main train station with a rental area of approx. 9,800 sqm for a professional pension fund. The main tenant is the city of Düsseldorf with its education administration. The seller is Meag.
Advised IntReal International Real Estate on the acquisition of a residential complex in Grevenbroich for the Barton Group's open-ended real estate special AIF "Barton Wohnen Deutschland II" managed by it. The fully let residential complex comprises three connected residential buildings with a total lettable area of around 8,900 sqm.
Advised Gazit Globe Ltd. on the sale of the Munich shopping center "Motorama Ladenstadt". Gazit Globe had purchased the property with a total lettable area of approx. 24,000 sqm in 2008 for EUR 41.6 million. Gazit Globe's only property in Germany was sold to a US investor for EUR 87 million.
Advised LaSalle Investment Management on the acquisition of the project „Lacus Quartier” in Berlin-Pankow. The residential development comprises 230 units and will be completed in April 2021. With the acquisition LaSalle strengthens its investments in the residential allocation for its pan-European Fund E-REGI. Seller of the project is BUWOG.
Advised VALUES.Investment Management GmbH & Co. KG on the acquisition of the office ensemble "ABC Bogen" located in Hamburg for the institutional fund BVK-Values Immobilienfonds CBC of Bayerische Versorgungskammer. The property was built in 2000 and comprises a total lettable space of 14,746 sqm. The annual net rent amounts to approximately EUR 436 million. The property is almost fully let; the main tenant is the GOOGLE Group. Seller is OFFICEFIRST Real Estate GmbH.
Advised Commerz Real AG on the sale of the office complex "Grand Campus" located at Mainzer Landstraße 151-157 in Frankfurt to the investment manager Arminius Group. The office ensemble, also known as "Trading Center" or "DLZ", with a total lettable area of approx. 60,800 sqm is leased to Commerzbank on a long-term basis and is one of the bank's central locations in Frankfurt.
Advised the new open real estate fund BERENBERG Real Estate Hamburg II, which was set-up by Joh. Berenberg, Gossler & Co. KG as real estate manager and Universal-Investment, on the acquisition of the two-part office ensemble "Inspire" in Hamburg-Barmbek.
Advised Aurelis Real Estate GmbH on the sale of a business park located in Böblingen with a total lettable area of approx. 51,600 sqm to a Swiss-Life-Logistics fund. The park was built between 1991 and 2007 and continuously partially modernized. The area is 90% let. Main tenant is Philips Medizin-Systeme Böblingen GmbH.
Advised LaSalle Investment Management KVG mbH on the acquisition of a modern residential property with approx. 200 residential units and an underground parking garage in Berlin Kreuzberg. Most of the residential units are one to four rooms of approx. 25 sqm to 100 sqm. The acquisition was for LaSalle's pan-European Encore+ fund. It is the first residential investment since the inception of the fund.
Advised DIC Asset AG on the acquisition of the "SAP Tower", Eschborn. The as-new and fully let "SAP Tower" property in the Eschborn-Süd industrial park (near Frankfurt am Main), built in 2018, comprises around 8,950 sqm and has landmark character. The building is characterized by a modern architectural concept, high construction quality and state-of-the-art technical equipment. The sole first tenant is the software company SAP. SAP uses the property as a sales and demonstration center in connection with "SAP Digital Studio", among other things. The average lease term is around 8.0 years. The total investment costs for the property amounted to approximately EUR 69 million.
Advised Principal Real Estate Europe, acting as asset and transaction manager of the SCPI 2 Novapierre Allemagne Fund managed by PAREF Gestion on the acquisition of the retail park "PEP" located in Torgau. The total lettable space of the property amounts to approximately 26,000 sqm. Anchor tenants of the nearly fully let property are Kaufland, Obi, Expert and dm. Seller was a fund of the investment manager Origami Capital Partners.
Advised IntReal International Real Estate KVG mbH on the acquisition of a vacant building located in Gotha which will be redeveloped into a senior-living facility. A lease agreement with a nursing home operator has already been concluded.
Advised Principal Real Estate GmbH on the sale of the business park "Air Cargo Center" in Langenhagen (near Hannover). The industrial park, which was built in 1997 and extended in 2000, has around 22,400 sqm of rental space and is almost fully let. The main tenants are the aircraft maintenance company MTU Maintenance Hannover GmbH and Connox GmbH. The purchaser is Swiss Life Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft mbH.
Advised BEOS AG on the sale of a warehouse and logistics hall in Aschaffenburg-Nilkheim. Seller is Gutperle Grundbesitz GmbH. Single tenant of the property is C&A Mode GmbH & Co. KG.
Advised Ares Management on the sale of a property in Hannover to an institutional investor.
- Advised Joh. Berenberg, Gossler & Co. KG on the acquisition of the office building "Schlump One" in Hamburg for its “Real Estate BERENBERG HAMBURG” fund. The fund is managed by Universal-Investment-Gesellschaft mbH. The property comprises around 8,269 sqm of lettable space. Main tenants are FOM, Koprian IQ and Sum.Cumo. Seller is Schlump One Objekt GmbH & Co. KG, managed by the HIH-Group.
- Advised Art-Invest Real Estate Funds on the purchase of a building complex in Hanau. Seller is Onyx Germany (2) Ltd. The building complex consists of various parts, which were historically leased to Heraeus on a large scale and is now being redeveloped.
- Advised IntReal International Real Estate KVG mbH on the purchase of a micro-living project in Düsseldorf. The property, which was initially used as an office building, will be converted into a micro-living residential building after renovation and will have 133 residential units and 83 parking spaces after completion. The planned total lettable area amounts to approx. 3,379 sqm.
- Advised Generali Real Estate S.p.A. on the sale of a portfolio consisting of 16 retail properties The portfolio comprises around 20,000 sqm of lettable space. 13 of the properties are let to Lidl, three to Edeka. The annual rental income amounts to approx. EUR 2.5 million.
- Advised Greenman Investments S.C.A. on the acquisition of a portfolio of five shopping and local supply centers for its "OPEN" investment fund. The portfolio comprises approx. 71,400 sqm of rental space. The combined purchase price is EUR 112 million.
- Advised IntReal International Real Estate KVG mbH on the sale of a property in Frankfurt am Main to Interxion Deutschland GmbH.
- Advised LaSalle Investment Management KVG mbH on the acquisition of the office building “KONTOR” for its open-ended pan-European fund E-REGI. Kontor is part of the development project "Im Wirtschaftswunder" on the former Commerzbank site in Berlin-Schöneberg. It comprises approx. 10,000 sqm of rental space, let long-term to the agricultural seed producer KWS. Seller is the real estate fund PW Real Estate Fund III, which is affiliated with Aermont Capital.
- Advised LaSalle Investment Management KVG mbH on the acquisition of the office building “Economic Quarter” in Hamburg's City Süd for its pan-European fund Encore+. The Economic Quarter has 28,000 m² of rental space on ten floors. The total property currently has a WALT of 8 years with an annual rent of EUR 5 million. Seller is the asset manager Blackrock.
- Advised Credit Suisse Asset Management Immobilien KAG on the disposal of the shopping center “Rathaus Galerie” in downtown Essen to a joint venture between Henderson Park and HBB Hanseatische Betreuungs- und Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH. The established shopping center comprises approx. 31,000 sqm of rental space with the anchor tenants Real, Decathlon, dm etc. Comprehensive modernisation and restructuring is to take place.
- Advised Ares Management on the sale of the office property Kennedydamm 15-17, built in 1984, located in Düsseldorf. The property comprises around 13,974 sqm of lettable space and is let long-term to the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. Purchaser is Art-Invest Real Estate.
- Advised Generali Real Estate S.p.A. and Italian insurer Poste Vita on the acquisition of the project development office building “The Westlight” in Berlin’s City West. The seller of the 15-story structure on the corner of Budapester Straße 35 and Kurfürstenstraße is Barings Real Estate, who will be building about 19,500 sqm office and retail space at that location by the middle of 2020.
- Advised Ares Management on the sale of a property located in Düsseldorf to an institutional investor.
- Advised Cairos Development GmbH on the purchase and project development of the building ensemble "Villa Meister" in Frankfurt am Main. The seller is a community of heirs of the descendants of the founding family of Höchst-Werke.
- Advised Joh. Berenberg, Gossler & Co. KG on the acquisition of the "Opus One Portfolio" for its "Real Estate BERENBERG HAMBURG" fund. The fund is managed by Universal-Investment-Gesellschaft mbH. Seller is the MAGNA-Group, Hamburg. The object of the transaction is the so-called "Opus One Portfolio“ consisting of the four "multi-tenant properties" in Norderstedt, Langenhorn, Moislingen and Lübeck located in and near Hamburg. The portfolio has a total lease area of approx. 26,817 sqm.
- Advised Ares Management on the sale of a Core+ Property located Hans-Böckler-Straße 38 in Düsseldorf to an institutional investor. The office property comprises around 12,000 sqm of rental space.
- Advised Commerz Real AG on the acquisition of the project development “Terra”. “Terra” is one of the four high-rise towers in the “Four Frankfurt” quarter on land formerly occupied by Deutsche Bank. The seller is the project developer Groß & Partner. The transaction has been structured by way of forward purchase.
- Advised Principal Real Estate Europe, acting as asset and transaction manager of the SCPI NOVAPIERRE ALLEMAGNE Fund managed by PAREF Gestion, on the acquisition of a commercial park in Herborn, Hesse in Germany. The vendor is AEW and the investment vehicle of Kintyre, which delivered the asset and property management services.
- Advised Art-Invest Real Estate Funds (i) on the acquisition of a property located in Karlsruhe from Generali Real Estate S.p.A. as well as (ii) on the subsequent refurbishment and sale to DIC Asset AG.
- Advised Gazit Germany on the disposal of shopping centre "Coens-Galerie" in Grevenbroich. The center comprises around 12,000 sqm of rental space. The anchor tenants are Netto (Edeka), DM-Drogeriemarkt as well as C&A Mode, Medimax und CCC Schuhe. The total property currently has a WALT of 4.5 years with an annual rent of € 1.1 million.
- Advised Generali Real Estate S.p.A. on the acquisition of the land mark building “Marienforum” located in the heart of the banking district of Frankfurt am Main. The Marienforum has been developed by a joint venture between Perella Weinberg Real Estate Funds and Pecan Development. The property comprises eleven floors and will serve as new headquarter for ABN AMRO bank in Frankfurt.
- Advised Schroder Real Estate on the disposal of office building Europa Arkaden I, Bratustraße 9/Europaplatz 2-3, in Darmstadt to Warburg-HIH Invest Real Estate (Warburg-HIH Invest). The multi-tenant property offers rental space of around 8,000 sqm and 93 underground parking spaces. The main tenant is Arkadis with around 4,000 sqm. The consulting, project management and engineering company extended its lease contract by five years at the end of 2017. The total occupancy rate is 91%. Warburg-HIH intends to contribute the acquisition to Immobilien-Spezial-AIF Deutschland Selektiv Immobilien Invest.
- Advised Generali Real Estate S.p.A. on the disposal of the multi-tenant office building in Frankfurt Ostend. The property located at Hanauer-Landstraße 151-153/Ferdinand-Happ-Straße 32 comprises around 8,400 sqm of lettable space and is currently let 85%.
- Advised Aspera Capital Management Ltd on the purchase of a doctors and office building in Waiblingen. The property has a total rental area of 6.967 sqm.
- Advised Concarus Real Estate Invest, a company of the May & Porth Group, on the acquisition of the "BahnhofsCenter" in Gelsenkirchen from the Cerberus Group. The property located right near the main station has about 13,000 sqm retail and service space and about 310 parking spaces in a parking garage.
- Advised Ares Management L.P. on the sale of a building complex with 26,600 sqm office and laboratory space and 407 parking spaces in Neubiberg near Munich to SCPI Eurovalys. The property consisting of eight building sections was erected in 2002 and renovated between 2011 and 2015. The purchase price is EUR 59 million.
- Advised LaSalle Investment on the acquisition of a 16,000 sqm commercial building "Am Friedensplatz" in Bonn by way of sale-and-leaseback for a club of investors from Sparkasse Koeln/Bonn. The property serves as local headquarter of Sparkasse Koeln/Bonn.
- Advised the open real estate fund BERENBERG Real Estate Berlin, which was set-up by Berenberg Bank as real estate manager and Universal-Investment, on the acquisition of the shopping and district center "Neumann Forum" in Berlin-Pankow from the Hamburg real estate company RI Partners. The "Neumann Forum" has a lettable area of around 26,500 sqm with more than 270 parking. Tenants of the almost fully let property are large retail chains, a privately-owned school, a kindergarden as well as a retirement home.
- Advised Concarus on the acquisition of the "Circoleum" office ensemble from the Munich Real I. S. Group. The Circoleum, which was built in 1994 has about 21,100 sqm of usable space and 449 parking spaces, is mainly leased from the Fresenius Group. It was sold from the closed-end real estate fund Bayernfonds "Circoleum", which was placed in 2002.
- Advised Art-Invest Real Estate Funds on sale of the office building "Am Mozartplatz" in Frankfurt to Park Lane Investors Group for further project development.
- Advised INTOWN Property Group in relation to a 43,000 sqm lease agreement entered into with Deutsche Bundesbank with respect to all floors of the Frankfurt located landmark building Frankfurt Büro Center (FBC). This mandate was one of the largest lease agreements in the Frankfurt banking district.
- Advised DIC AG on the design and implementation of the DIC Office Balance IV fund with properties in Munich (Neumarkter Straße) and an ensemble of three office properties in Eschborn (Frankfurter Straße/Alfred-Herrhausen-Allee). The Munich property comprises 18,300 sqm of rental space. The Eschborn ensemble comprises 19,200 sqm of rental space and 520 parking spaces.
- Advised the open real estate fund BERENBERG Real Estate Hamburg, which was set-up by Joh. Berenberg, Gossler & Co. KG (Real Estate Office) as real estate manager and Universal-Investment, on the acquisition of the office and retail complex "Neues Steintor" from a pension fund located in Northern Germany. The entire ensemble "Neues Steintor" characterizes Hamburg’s skyline with its two office towers and has a lettable area of around 34,000 sqm with more than 600 parking spaces in an integrated parking garage.
- Advised GAZIT Globe plc. on sale of the shopping center "Casinopark Wentorf" (approx. 12,500 sqm) located in the area of Hamburg to a local development company.
- Advised Credit Suisse Asset Management Immobilien KAG on sale of the shopping centers "Rathaus-Galerie", Leverkusen (approx. 37,000 sqm), "Mercado-Center", Nuremberg (approx. 43,500 sqm) and "Le Befane", Rimini as the so-called "Melody Portfolio" to Union Investment. The transaction is considered one of the largest shopping center transactions in Germany in 2016/2017.
- Advised Credit Suisse Asset Management Immobilien KAG on sale of the shopping center “SMC” located in Frankfurt/Oder with a total sales area of approx. 25,000 sqm to a Luxembourg based private equity investor. Advised a private bank in connection with the acquisition of the office tower “Tri Tower“ with more than 10,000 m² in Hamburg.
- Advised a family office on the acquisition of 15 highstreet properties (“Sepia portfolio”) in West Germany, among others in Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Göttingen and Landshut.
- Advised a joint venture regarding the acquisition of the „Lucida“ portfolio consisting of 28 retail shopping centers in various German cities from Hatfield Philips International.
- Advised a real estate company on the acquisition of an industrial park portfolio with six properties in the metropolitan regions Hamburg, Berlin and Rhine-Main with a total lettable area of around 67,300 m² from GE Capital and an investor group represented by Coresis.
- Advised a joint venture on the sale of a portfolio of 23 retail and shopping centers with a total lettable area of around 273,000 m² to Rockspring Investment Managers.
- Advised an international bank on the structured use of around 70 properties used by the insolvent Praktiker AG Group (“Max Bahr portfolio“) to various investors by way of individual and portfolio transactions.
- Advised a real estate company on the acquisition of the center “Neustadt Centrum” in Halle an der Saale by way of an asset deal. The shopping center has a lettable area of more than 30,700 m² with more than 60 different stores and practices.
- Advised a global multi-asset investment manager on the sale of various properties (among others office and logistics) in the context of asset deals.
- Advised a fund manager in connection with the acquisition of an office property Trakehner Straße 5 and 7-9 in Frankfurt.
- Advised a private equity investor on the sale of an office property in Berlin as well as a business property in Hamburg.
- Advised a global multi-asset investment manager on the sale of a property in Frankfurt “Bockenheimer Landstraße 101“.
- Advised a project developer and investor on the acquisition of an office center in Hamburg, Südstraße 72-79 by way of an asset deal.
- Advice of a project developer and investor on the EUR 47 million acquisition of the real estate complex “Thiemann Quartier“ in Berlin. The Thiemann Quartier on Thiemannstr. 1-11 in Berlin-Neukölln has a total area of around 53,000 m² and comprises 15 buildings with commercial space for production studios, offices as well as space for retail, storage and leisure.
- Advised a private bank on negotiations regarding a leasing contract for an area of around 9,000 m² “Spiegel Hochhaus”.
- Advised a project developer and investor on negotiations of a rental agreement with a hardware store retailer and the subsequent sale of the property by way of an asset deal.
- Advised a joint venture on the sale of the shopping center “Sky Plaza Lübeck” to Invesco Real Estate.
- Advised a private bank on the acquisition of a project development in Hamburg (“Opera Offices Neo”) from DIC AG.
- Advised an asset manager on the sale of mixed-use properties “BL 72” in Frankfurt for the German open real estate fund “CS Eureal”.
- Advised a real estate company regarding the sale of a portfolio consisting of a shopping center in “Tondo” (Hamburg) and two retail parks in Berlin.
- Advised a bank on the restructuring and refinancing of a EUR 26 million financing for the acquisition of logistics and production sites with the subsequent transfer of the credit risk to investors by way of secured bonded loans.
- Advised a bank regarding the restructuring and refinancing of a loan (around EUR 300 million), with GSG Asset GmbH & Co. Verwaltungs KG as debtor.
- Advised a bank on the sale of an office building “Opernpalais“ in Frankfurt.
Real Estate Investment Advisor (EBS), European Business School (EBS)
Doctor's Degree (PhD in Law), (“Tax Information Requirements for Financial Services of Investment Advice and Investment Brokerage”), University of Halle-Wittenberg
Master of business and tax law (LLM), University of Bochum
Second State Law Examination (bar exam), Berlin
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), Berlin, New York
First State Law Examination, Berlin
Law Studies at the Universities of Bonn, Strasbourg and Berlin
- IMMOEBS e.V.
- "He's available, knows what he is doing and is always good." (client) – Chambers Europe 2022
- "Ranked Lawyer" and "Notable practitioner" for Real Estate in Germany – Chambers Europe 2022
- "Ranked Lawyer" and Notable practitioner" for Real Estate in Germany – Chambers Europe 2021
- "a good lawyer with a strong client base" (source) – Chambers Europe 2021
- Commending his "ability to show appropriate toughness and empathy in negotiations" (source) – Chambers Europe 2021
- "is one of the best lawyers in real estate law" (client) – JUVE Handbook 2021/2022
- "good and experienced" (client) – JUVE Handbook 2021/2022
- "often recommended" for Real Estate – JUVE Handbook 2021/2022
- Recognized by The Best LawyersTM in Germany 2022 for Real Estate Law
- "reliable partner" (client) – JUVE Handbook 2020/2021
- "represents the interests of its clients, remains fair" (competitor) – JUVE Handbook 2020/2021
- "good transaction lawyer, with a well-rehearsed team" (competitor) – JUVE Handbook 2020/2021
- "often recommended" for Real Estate – JUVE Handbook 2020/2021
- "Dr. Fabian Hartwich is always available, extremely solution-oriented and able to moderate a transaction process excellently." (client) – Legal 500 EMEA, Germany 2021
- "Fabian Hartwich – extremely keen to understand, strong in communication and negotiation, fully committed at all times." (client) – Legal 500 EMEA, Germany 2021
- "Dr. Fabian Hartwich, extremely quick and sharp minded. Is able to act in a target-oriented way without any ego. Has usually already understood the problem before others have even recognised it." (client) – Legal 500 EMEA, Germany 2021
- "Dr Hartwich and his team always look to provide real advice, as opposed to simply documenting a deal", "leading from the front" and [fostering a] "real, strong culture of teamwork." (client) - Chambers Europe 2020
- “The Mayer Brown Real Estate Team is generally characterized by very high competence and efficiency. The creativity in finding solutions for complex issues in negotiations and structuring has contributed significantly to our success. When dealing with negotiating partners, correct and solution-oriented action is another noteworthy characteristic of the firm.” (client) – Legal 500 Germany 2020
- “Fabian Hartwich is a very competent partner who always finds solutions and negotiates them with the other side to achieve the best possible result for his client, while always remaining correct, determined and solution-oriented. In addition, his willingness to go the extra mile for his client is an essential aspect that we appreciate in him.” (client) – Legal 500 Germany 2020
- “Fabian Hartwich distinguishes himself through his care, attention and enormous market knowledge.” (client) – Legal 500 Germany 2020
- A client enthuses: "In addition to his pragmatism, he is solution-oriented and made constructive suggestions for both sides." – Chambers Europe 2019
- "Solution-oriented and pragmatic" (client) – JUVE Handbook 2019/2020
- "Very good negotiator and representative of interests" (competitor) – JUVE Handbook 2019/2020
- "often recommended lawyer" in the area of Real Estate – JUVE Handbook 2019/2020
- "often recommended lawyer" in the area of Real Estate – JUVE Handbuch 2018/2019
- "very competent", "does a lot to increase the visibility of the practice", "good negotiator" (competitor) – JUVE Handbook 2018/2019
- Sources praise his transactional expertise, saying: "He knows what to look at and isn't just a pure number cruncher. He knows what counts and how to negotiate with the opposite party." – Chambers Europe 2018
- Fabian Hartwich has a "broad knowledge of the real estate market" and in particular vast experience on "large transactions in the retail sector". – Legal 500 Germany 2018
- "Recommended lawyer" in the area of Real Estate – Legal 500 Germany 2018
- With the addition of Fabian Hartwich at the beginning of 2017 Mayer Brown's Frankfurt practice was strengthened regarding "business sense and industry knowledge" and also broadened its "strong international platform". – Legal 500 Germany 2018
- "trustful cooperation" (client) – JUVE Handbook 2017/2018
- "excellent negotiating partner" (competitor) – JUVE Handbook 2017/2018
- "renowned real estate lawyer" – JUVE Handbook 2017/2018
- "extremely experienced, quick perception, constructive" (client) – JUVE Handbook 2016/2017
- "recognizes the economic interests of the client and represents them pronouncedly in negotiations" (client) – JUVE Handbook 2016/2017
- "strong negotiator with a focus on client interests" (competitor) – JUVE Handbook 2016/2017
- "Frequently recommended lawyer" in the area of Real Estate – JUVE Handbook 2016/2017