Ryan Ferris is an associate in the Corporate & Securities practice of Mayer Brown’s Chicago office. He focuses his practice on public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance issues and public company disclosure and compliance concerns. Ryan represents clients in a variety of industries, including the insurance, aerospace, defense, energy and telecom industries. Ryan is also a member of Mayer Brown’s Middle East practice and represents clients in a variety of corporate and commercial matters involving inbound investment to, and outbound investment from, the Middle East.
- Represented Sparton Corporation (NYSE:SPA) in its $183 million acquisition by an affiliate of Cerberus Capital Management, L.P.
- Represented The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE:HIG) in its pending $2.1 billion acquisition of The Navigators Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:NAVG)
- Represented Prologis, Inc. (NYSE:PLD) in its $8.4 billion stock-for-stock merger with DCT Industrial Trust Inc. (NYSE:DCT)
- Represented SCANA Corporation (NYSE:SCG) in its $14.6 billion stock-for-stock merger with Dominion Energy, Inc. (NYSE:D)
- Represented Kuraray Co., Ltd. (TYO:3405) in its $1.3 billion acquisition of Calgon Carbon Corporation (NYSE:CCC)
- Represented Sparton Corporation (NYSE:SPA) in its $231 million acquisition by Ultra Electronics Holdings plc (LSE:ULE) (terminated)
- Represented Isle of Capri Casinos, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISLE) in its $1.7 billion cash and stock sale to Eldorado Resorts, Inc. (NASDAQ:ERI)
- Represented TransCanada Corporation (TSX:TRP, NYSE:TRP) in its $13 billion acquisition of Columbia Pipeline Group, Inc. (NYSE:CPG)
- Represented The Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company, Limited (TYO:8750) in its $5.7 billion acquisition of Protective Life Corporation (NYSE:PL)
- Represented Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company in its $5 billion acquisition of StanCorp Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:SFG)
- Represented Medtronic Inc. (NYSE:MDT) in its $816 million all-cash acquisition of China Kanghui Holdings
- Represented a publicly traded Fortune 100 company in its (i) $1.3 billion acquisition of a third party logistics and reverse logistics service provider and (ii) acquisition of an international shipping logistics service provider
- Represented Crane Co. in its $820 million acquisition of the MEI Group
University of Michigan Law School, JD, magna cum laude