Named as a Rising Star in Private Equity by the Legal 500, James joined Mayer Brown as a trainee in 2019. Since qualifying he has concentrated on supporting private equity sponsors with their M&A transactions and on general portfolio company matters. James spent six months on secondment during his training contract at a leading FTSE 100 company, working primarily to support its venture capital arm.
- Marlin Equity Partners on the acquisition of a majority stake in Cloud Technology Solutions, one of Europe’s largest and fastest growing Google Cloud partners, and Cloud Technology Solutions on its strategic merger with Appsbroker Ltd, a leading digital transformation consultancy.
- Marlin Equity Partners on its growth investment in Learning Pool, a market-leading e-learning company.
- Marlin Equity Partners on its acquisition of Linnworks, an ecommerce platform.
- Marlin Equity Partners on its acquisition of Silobreaker, a leading provider of risk and threat intelligence solutions.
- Marlin Equity Partners on its acquisition of Rydoo from Sodexo, a leading global SaaS solution for managing expense reports and business travel.
- James is listed as a Rising Star in the Legal 500 rankings for Private Equity: Mid-Market.