Vanessa Klesy is a counsel in the Employment & Benefits practice of the Mayer Brown Frankfurt office. She represents national and international clients in all individual and collective employment law matters, including, but not limited to, the preparation, conclusion and termination of employment and service agreements, business and workforce restructurings, outsourcing transactions, employee leasing and Mergers & Acquisitions. She also focuses on global employee mobility and diversity matters.
Vanessa furthermore focuses on data protection law. She advises German and multinational companies on employee data protection matters (protection of personal data, especially with regard to cross border flows of personal data and the use of IT systems for personnel; implementation of compliance systems, including the implementation of whistleblowing hotlines).
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2011, Vanessa worked as an associate in the employment practice of a major international law firm in Frankfurt am Main. In addition to her native German, she is fluent in English.
- Advised Lear Corporation, a global automotive technology leader in Seating and E-Systems, on the acquisition of I.G. Bauerhin (IGB).
- Advised Aptos on the sale of its supply chain management business unit to TESISQUARE®
- Advised Lear Corporation on acquisition of Kongsberg Automotive’s Interior Comfort Systems Business Unit.
- Advised a media and digital marketing communications company regarding labor law and works constitution matters.
- Ongoing advice to German subsidiary of an international automotive supplier on labor law matters, including data protection, works constitution and collective employment law matters.
- Advised Çelebi in connection with the acquisition of an airport service company in Germany.
- Advised one of the world's leading companies in the agro science and crop industry on the migration of employee data and on the implementation of a Whistleblower Hotline.
Internship in a major domestic law firm, Birmingham, UK
Second State Law Examination (bar exam)
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat)
Bad Kreuznach, Mainz, Frankfurt am Main
First State Law Examination
University of Mainz
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- "prepares the legal question in an understandable way" (client) – JUVE Handbook 2021/2022
- "often recommended" in the area of Employment – JUVE Handbook 2021/2022