"Frequently recommended lawyer" in the area of M&AJUVE Handbook
Clients turn to Carsten Flaßhoff for counsel on corporate acquisitions, mergers, private equity transactions and joint venture projects in Germany and abroad. He also advises on other areas of corporate law as well as restructurings.
National and international companies, private equity investors and financial institutions seek representation from Carsten in matters in various sectors, including engineering, automotive supplier, chemical, steel, aluminum and finance.
Clients he has served include Avedon Capital Partners and INDUS.
- Entrepreneurial Equity Partners and portfolio company Thrive Foods on acquisition of Groneweg Group
- INDUS on sale of SCHÄFER Group to Callista Portfolio Holding.
- Norsk Hydro on the acquisition of Hueck group and its building systems and extrusions business.
- Avedon on the acquisition of a shareholding in FormMed HealthCare AG.
- Dow on its investment in the LNG Terminal company Hanseatic Energy Hub.
- DIC on the acquisition of three office properties from TPG Real Estate's “Technology Park portfolio" in Cologne.
- INDUS Holding AG on the sale of WIESAUPLAST Group.
- Mitsubishi Corporation (Mitsubishi) and Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT) on the purchase of a 30% interest in HERE Technologies, a provider of mapping and location data, navigation software and related services.
- Hauck & Aufhäuser Privatbankiers AG on the acquisition of Bankhaus Lampe KG from the Oetker Group.
- BENTELER on the sale of its Distribution division.
- Knorr-Bremse on the sale of its rack and pinion business to an automotive supplier.
- Avedon Capital in the acquisition of Spindel- und Lagerungstechnik Fraureuth GmbH, a German specialized ball bearings and spindle manufacturer; the sellers, four individual founders, remain invested with a majority stake.
- Med 360° AG, the largest German health care service provider in the sector of, besides others, radiology in the sale of the majority of shares in the company by a number of shareholders to Sana Kliniken and Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Avedon Capital Partners on the sale of Seebach group, the Germany-based provider of metallic filtration solutions, to John Crane, a division of UK-based Smiths Group plc.
- BENTELER on the acquisition of two WILCO Wilken Lasertechnik sites.
- BENTELER on sale of shares in SGL.
- Avedon Capital Partners on the sale of Tesch Inkasso Group to Lowell GFKL Group.
- Knorr-Bremse on the acquisition of tedrive Steering Systems GmbH.
- Avedon Capital Partners on the sale of GRW Bearing GmbH to US aerospace and industrial distribution company Kaman Corporation.
- Knorr-Bremse on the acquisition of rail transport division of TMD Friction.
- Norsk Hydro on the sale of Norsk Hydro Magnesium Gesellschaft mbH in Bottrop, Germany and Hydro Magnesium Xi’an Co. Ltd. in Xi’an, China.
LLM, Tulane University Law School, USA
Second State Law Examination (bar exam), Munich
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), Landshut, Munich and Leipzig
First State Law Examination, Munich
Universities of Trier and Munich
- Düsseldorf, Germany
- Member of the board of the Germany-American Lawyers' Association (DAJV)
- ’Competent, accurate and fair’" – JUVE Handbook
- "Often recommended" for M&A – JUVE Handbook
- "Recommended lawyer" in the areas of Corporate and M&A – Legal 500 Germany
- "’Very pragmatic, excellent cooperation’" – JUVE Handbook