Vivien Yip is a consultant of Mayer Brown.
She has extensive experience advising clients on complex and high value commercial disputes. She has a particular focus on cross-border disputes with PRC elements and regularly advises clients on shareholders/corporate litigations, technology disputes, financial services disputes, trust and probate litigations, defamation and media-related matters. Vivien's clients include large corporations, property developer, banks and financial institutions, media and technology companies.
Vivien has been commended by various legal directories, including Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, Chambers Asia-Pacific and LMG Expert Guide. She was praised by Chambers Asia-Pacific as “thorough, precise and careful”.
Vivien speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Advised an international banking group and related parties in a high profile dispute involving claims for mis-selling and breach of trust and fiduciary duties. Achieved successful result at the Court of Final Appeal.
- Acted for a property developer in Hong Kong Court proceedings (at various levels, including the Court of Final Appeal), resisting the enforcement of an arbitral award made by CIETAC in Beijing. Also advised client in related proceedings and arbitrations in Hong Kong and the PRC.
- Represented a leading technology group in a long-running breach of confidence and conspiracy claim in Hong Kong which involved infringement acts in the PRC.
- Advised investment funds in disputes concerning private equity investments in the PRC.
- Advised clients in commercial and banking dispute cases, handling Court proceedings including interlocutory applications such as urgent injunctions and Norwich Pharmacal discovery applications.
- Represented private clients in contentious probate and estate administration proceedings. These cases frequently involve complex trust issues and construction of testamentary instruments. Also advised the Committee of Estate of a Mentally Incapacitated Person in a probate dispute.
- Advised media companies and other clients in defamation cases and media-related matters.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
University of London, LLB
University of London, LLM
Inscription au Barreau
- England and Wales
- Hong Kong
- Next Generation Partner - Dispute Resolution: Litigation (Hong Kong) – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2020)
- Recommended - Leading Estates, Probate & Succession Litigation Lawyers, Hong Kong – Doyle's Guide (2020)
- Next Generation Lawyer - Dispute Resolution: Litigation (Hong Kong) – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2017-2019)
- Associate to Watch – Chambers Asia-Pacific (2015)
- LMG Rising Star – Expert Guides (2015)