Alex Wood helps a wide range of clients (including financial institutions, insolvency practitioners, corporates, directors, pension trustees and corporate trustees) on multi-jurisdictional restructuring and insolvency matters. In particular, clients turn to Alex Wood for her extensive experience on cross-border mandates, insurance insolvency issues and the pensions aspects of restructurings. She works on high-profile transactions across a range of sectors including retail, real estate, energy, insurance and automotive.
Alex joined Mayer Brown in 1998.
- Advised the trustees of the Debenhams pension schemes on the retailer's high profile restructuring, including all aspects of its administration and subsequent Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) and related court challenge.
- Represented insolvency practitioners from Alvarez & Marsal Europe, the leading global professional services firm, in connection with all aspects of their appointment as the liquidators of Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas), a construction company operating in the Middle East, Europe & North Africa. The liquidators were appointed by an order of the Guernsey Court.
- Advised North Sea oil and gas company, ATP, on its successful $1.2 billion restructuring by way of a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA), and its sale to Alpha Petroleum, including on cross-border aspects.
- Acted for the liquidators of Robin Symes Limited (insolvency practitioners from BDO LLP) in respect of the complex liquidation of one of the world's largest antiquities dealerships, including in relation to court proceedings in Italy.
- She is listed as a Next Generation Partner and also a key lawyer for Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency, Fraud and Insurance Insolvency and Restructuring. "Alexandra Wood is very good". She is "a very strong lawyer who is good on detail". Legal 500.
- The College of Law, Chester
- University of Oxford, St John's College
Inscription au Barreau
- England and Wales