"Highly regarded lawyer" in the areas of Capital Markets: Debt as well as Capital Markets: DerivativesIFLR 1000 2018
Patrick Scholl is a partner and head of Mayer Brown's Banking & Finance practice in Frankfurt. He advises on debt capital transactions, debt issue programs, derivative products, and repackagings. Working primarily with major financial institutions but also with corporates and sovereigns, Patrick regularly advises on bond issues, Schuldschein Loans, and Namensschuldverschreibungen, buy-backs, and structured notes platforms, and is heavily involved in equity-linked, credit-linked, fund-linked, commodity-linked, and other derivative transactions, including repo and stock lending, master agreements for derivatives, collateralised derivatives, as well as retail structured products.
Patrick's recent work also centres on a number of significant issues currently surrounding the OTC derivatives markets, the testing of key derivatives principles, and the clearing of financial products through central counterparties, in particular in developing clearing house rules and client clearing documentation, as well as on the implementation of EMIR, the European derivatives Regulation.
Second State Law Examination (bar exam)Frankfurt, 2004
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat)Frankfurt, New York, 1999–2001
First State Law ExaminationFreiburg, 1999
University of Freiburg1994–1999
Inscriptions au Barreau
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- "Next generation lawyer" in the area of Capital Markets Law – Structured Finance and Securitization – Legal 500 Deutschland 2018
- "Recommended lawyer" in the areas of Capital Market Law - DCM as well as of Structured Finance and Securitization – Legal 500 Deutschland 2018
- "Highly regarded lawyer" in the areas of Capital Markets: Debt as well as Capital Markets: Derivatives – IFLR 1000 2018
- "Rising Star" in the area of Capital Markets – IFLR 1000 2017
- "Expert for the updated regulatory requirements for OTC derivatives (EMIR)" – JUVE Handbook 2016/2017