Raymond Chan is a partner of Mayer Brown. He has extensive experience in dispute resolution and regularly advises and represents clients in civil litigation, arbitration and other dispute resolution matters both within Hong Kong and in cases involving other jurisdictions. Raymond acts for various institutional clients ranging from financial institutions to major listed companies.
Raymond handles criminal and regulatory matters. He advises private and corporate clients on various criminal and regulatory investigations of the Police, the Independent Commission Against Corruption, the Securities and Futures Commission, the Customs and Excise Department as well as other regulatory authorities. Raymond also acts for victims of major fraud incident in recovering their losses.
Raymond advises and represents major institutional clients in inquests and other inquiry proceedings arising out of major and high-profile incidents.
Raymond speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Advising a Hong Kong-listed client on the recovery of a bond investment in excess of a hundred million US dollars against multiple listed entities.
- Advising a major institutional client on the counterparty's default in a multi-million US dollars investment project involving disputes in Mainland China, Hong Kong and offshore jurisdictions.
- Advising and assisting clients in obtaining Hong Kong judgments and enforcing them against judgment debtors at overseas jurisdictions.
- Representing major financial institutions in their defence in civil litigation, some of which are in excess of multi-million US dollars.
- Advising financial institutions and other stake holders in high profile money laundering matters, including civil litigation work such as application for urgent injunction, Norwich Pharmacal applications and handling criminal investigation by the Police.
- Advising and representing major institutional clients in death inquests or other inquiry proceedings arising out of high-profile incidents.
- Advising financial institutions in respect of investigation of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Representing local and foreign institutional clients in the investigation of the Customs and Excise Department in relation to import/export licencing matters.
- Advising and representing clients in proceedings commenced by the Securities and Futures Commission in the Market Misconduct Tribunal.
- Advice on regulatory investigations by the Securities and Futures Commission, the Labour Department, Immigration Department, Electrical and Mechanical Services Department, Buildings Department, Home Affairs Department, Sales of First-hand Residential Properties Authority and also other regulatory authorities.
- Advice on criminal investigations of the ICAC, the Commercial Crime Bureau, the Customs and Excise Department ranging from dawn raids, attendance at cautioned interviews to court defence work.
- Advice on internal investigations of major multinational corporations on criminal and regulatory matters.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLB
The University of Hong Kong, BEng, CivE-Law
Inscription au Barreau
- Hong Kong